2008 Mercury Milan Consumer Review: Near Luxury at Corolla Prices

2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Review

Premier Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Near Luxury at Corolla Prices
By benkaf on

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4 cylinder with Automatic with 23K last year. I put 27K on it in one year, the most I've ever driven. I've previously owned Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Saab, Volvo and never thought I'd buy a Ford product. But I can honestly say that I am pleasantly surprised. I have had no problems other than a squeaky a/c fan (which went away). The car is well designed inside and out and pleasant to drive, if not refined. It's also economical. I have been able to get about 27/33 MPG out of my Milan.

The Milan, especially in Premier, is very nice although a little shy of luxurious. The leather seats are comfortable (and heated!), and the voice recognition system, Bluetooth, USB music reader, satellite radio all make driving less of a pain. The rear seats are also comfortable and fold flat and the front passenger seat also folds flat forward - a real convenience for the occasional trip to Home Depot.

The 4 cylinder is a little growly and it starts slow from a stoplight. But in return, I get impressive mileage - consistently getting over 30mpg on the freeway at speed limit. If you want to race, a Milan is not in your future, but if you want near luxury at sensible car prices, it's a good deal. The plastic all looks good and fits right without any squeaks or rattles, and the wood trim is quite nice (although the analog clock is slightly silly), but the plastic seems a little thin in places, as does the carpet.