2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Wondering what if I had chosen Camry
By Dave on 03/02/08 17:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Chose Milan for $2500 savings over comparably equipped Camry. Ours is standard 4 cyl with auto package. Car pulled to right slightly on test drive, became worse as miles passed. Took to dealer for alignment at 600 miles, they had for 2 and half days. Had to replace upper control arms after alignment didn't fix problem (TSB from Ford.) Though now tracking better, tire pressure monitor system now shows fault. Now I wonder if I should have spent the extra money on the Camry.

More elegance at the price of a Ford
By Mr. Rau on 02/21/08 22:19 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The fit and finish as well as tight performance are up to European and Japanese standards, but where this car really excels is in beauty and luxury. We love the front end styling and standard aluminum wheel design.The Wales Mahogany wood interior trim looks sleek with the charcoal leather and contrasting stitching. It's never gaudy, but beautiful. The six-way power driver's seat was standard, even on the base model! The audiophile sound system with the Moon & Tune package is one of the best I've ever used--and with the sunroof, it was only an $800 option. I feel confident that the quality of this car will last, and I'll be delighted to drive it for years.

A solid choice
By Patrick on 01/25/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Car is quiet at speed on the parkway. Handles nicely and never loses it's composure. Rides smoothly. Disappointing 21 mpg so far with a lot of highway driving. Hope it improves to around 25 mpg combined. Sacrificed performance getting the 4cyl as the car must be revved high to pass and accelerate from a stop. Interior could be more modern but I am glad they didn't copy the Japanese and the guage cluster is a pleasant change from the super huge bright displays seen on the competition. Dash,armrest, and door sills are thickly padded. Do not buy without reverse sensing system as rear window is very high. Doors and trunk sound solid not tinny.

First Mercury and couldn't be happier!
By Scott on 12/16/07 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an AWD Premier loaded with navigation. It absorbs the bumps very well, it's quiet, has a great stereo, and it handled extremely well in a rainstorm with high winds on my last trip. The 6-speed auto shifts very smoothly. It's a very solid-built car. I especially like the reverse remote sensors when you back up. I've had 2 Honda Accords in the past 6 years, and this Mercury beats them by far. I would buy another Mercury in a heartbeat.

Great car
By Jim on 10/29/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to the dealer to buy a MKZ, but after testing it against the Milan Premier I4, I felt the Milan was well worth the savings of almost $10,000 over the MKZ. I drive a lot each year and was looking for both comfort and gas economy. I am extremely happy with my choice. I have found the I4 to have plenty of pickup for merging on the interstate or turnpike, and the 5 speed gives good pickup at different speeds.

Mercury makes buying American Fun!
By Nick on 10/19/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car stands out from the others in its class. I have the Premier V-6 with AWD. The 17" wheels and classy interior give this car a high-class appearance and feel at a fraction of the cost. People who see my car instantly change their mind about the Mercury product line. The feel is excellent and the car seems to hug the road with ease. I highly recommend the Milan to anyone that wants domestic and appreciates a little Detroit flair and ingenuity! I never thought I would own a Mercury at my age but I do and now I love the whole Mercury lineup.

My 2008 Milan
By Greg on 08/23/07 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mercury Milan premier. It is a very affordable car. With a 2.3 litre four cylinder engine I average 21 m.p.g. city and 31 m.p.g highway. So my fuel costs are low and so are my insurance costs. The Milan is also a stylish, well equipped car. 17 inch aluminum wheels, a waterfront grille and thoughtful lights grace a body that looks like a more expensive European car. A long list of standard and optional features is sure to please the buyer who wants elegance, comfort, entertainment, information and a great ride. I especially like the soft leather seats with double stitching, the six speaker audio system with radio, Sirrius radio, and six CD changer For a great car try Mercury Milan.

Too Much Hype
By jAcK nAPIER on 08/13/07 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I test drove the Milan, the dealership did not have a model I wanted; AWD w/ a moonroof. When I got my car, I noticed that the moonroof cost me 4” of head room. Consequently I hit my head on every little bump. The design of the back window is poor. You can not tell where the end of the car is and you can not see 3-5feet beyond the back bumper. God help any of you who have children or pets around when you are driving in reverse. You would think that engineering would see this risk a mile away. I hope pregnant women or people who can not stand strong fumes do not buy this car. The plastic they use in the car is still giving me a sore throat. Steering is loose at highway speed

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mercury Milan in VA is:

$119 per month*