Used 2008 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Better than expected
By maxie

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After having my heart set on an Audi A4, I test drove the Milan at the same dealership. When I compared the cars, it was apparent the Milan was the better buy, and I decided to take the chance. Of course, it's not an Audi, but it is very comfortable, has great features like the Sync and the satellite radio, and drives extremely well. After putting about 7,000 miles on it, I'm still happy with my decision and would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

It's very comfortable, the interior is sharp with the two tone leather, the sync is awesome, and I'm addicted to the satellite radio.

The back end is very high, making it important to use the reverse sensors, I'd prefer the clock to be digital, and the vents are pretty loud.

Nice vehicle, great price
By Pat

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with only 3000 miles! It was not my first choice, but I had read about it online and decided to try it. The dealer had it in a back corner. I like the drive and I feel comfortable and I like all of the features, although I will probably never use them all. I am not impressed with my mpg's so far, although I am told it will get better as I "break the car in". I am getting 17 highway! Except for that, I love the vehicle. It has a smooth ride and I get no interior rattling (so far) as some have reported.

I like the extra compartments, especially the on dash compartment. It is a great use of space. I also like the trunk space and split seats.

The sun visor is totally useless! I am 5 feet and it does me no good at all, so I had to buy an extension from the auto supply store. The interior of my vehicle is all light tan, so keeping it clean is going to be a major deal. As mentioned, the mpg is awful and needs to be improved.

Top notch sedan
By mlconlan

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mercury Milan is simply a better drive than any of the usual suspects in the mid-size sedan category. The I- 4 does not make for a fast sedan, but I knew that going in. The exterior design is distinctive without trying to be different, and presents an exceptionally well balanced look. The trim package on my otherwise base model Milan included top rated Michelin tires and beatiful 17 inch wheels. The interior is very well laid out,and sensible. the fit and finish flawless, and reliability 100% so far.

Driver's position is perfect and comfortable. Handling is perfectly well balanced and neutral

Downshiftable 5-speed auto (I do not know if 6-speed is).

Real review
By Leo

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am giving the car points by what it realy deserves. This car is decent looking, fairly comfortable, and has good mileage. The car is probably best value due to factory incentives. The problems are - not enaugh headspace for people 6'1" and over, engine is little bit noisier and definitely not silky smooth. It also lacks the power to accelerate - be prepared to be passed by moms in minivans. I had a problem with steering (pulling to left side), this was fixed by dealership (changed steering rod) as warranty repairs. Otherwise no problem with quality. Everything works fine. Also Ford improved the lights so you can drive at night and actually see.

Good mileage - 27 mpg of real driving (mix 1/3 highway - 2/3 stop and go). Upscale interier - I like it more then BMW 3 series. Very good audio. The use of lifters on trunk hood provides lot of usable space in trunk, the back seats fold easily.

Allow the front seats to adjust little lower to allow 1-2 inches more headspace. Give it better engine - more efficient - meaning more power with the same or better mileage, and less noisy. Make the gas cap easier to screw on - the angle of the pipe makes it hard to screw it on.

Apples or Oranges? You decide...
By Bob

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 Nissan Altima SER for a brand new 2008 Mercury Milan. My Altima SER was purchased used with 8,600 miles on the odometer. The only drawback it had a six speed manual transmission. It had 18" mag wheels, low profile racing tires, a Bose stereo system, great racing seats, and a powerful 270 hp engine. When I blew the clutch it cost me $1500.00 to get it fixed. Well Nissan blew the repair, I couldn't find reverse at times, neither could I find first. I got so discouraged after several attempts to get it right with Nissan, I went car shopping. I found the Mercury Milan Premier. Its a great car, but its not an Altima SER. Thus my title Apples or Oranges...

The six speed automatic is great. The handling characteristics are descent, and the six cylinder is not bad at highway speeds. The exterior looks are quite nice. I had a young lady comment, she was going to steal my car when I wasn't looking in the Winn Dixie parking lot. lol

Build quality is still lacking in the american fleet. At 2500 miles the dashboard started to rattle, and I think the truck lid is rattling, too. The sound system needs to get a complete upgrade. It's OK for people with tin ears, it's definitely not a Bose. Mercury needs to improve its gas mileage too.