2008 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Better than expected
By maxie on 12/01/08 11:44 AM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After having my heart set on an Audi A4, I test drove the Milan at the same dealership. When I compared the cars, it was apparent the Milan was the better buy, and I decided to take the chance. Of course, it's not an Audi, but it is very comfortable, has great features like the Sync and the satellite radio, and drives extremely well. After putting about 7,000 miles on it, I'm still happy with my decision and would definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Nice vehicle, great price
By Pat on 11/24/08 07:11 AM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with only 3000 miles! It was not my first choice, but I had read about it online and decided to try it. The dealer had it in a back corner. I like the drive and I feel comfortable and I like all of the features, although I will probably never use them all. I am not impressed with my mpg's so far, although I am told it will get better as I "break the car in". I am getting 17 highway! Except for that, I love the vehicle. It has a smooth ride and I get no interior rattling (so far) as some have reported.

Top notch sedan
By mlconlan on 11/18/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mercury Milan is simply a better drive than any of the usual suspects in the mid-size sedan category. The I- 4 does not make for a fast sedan, but I knew that going in. The exterior design is distinctive without trying to be different, and presents an exceptionally well balanced look. The trim package on my otherwise base model Milan included top rated Michelin tires and beatiful 17 inch wheels. The interior is very well laid out,and sensible. the fit and finish flawless, and reliability 100% so far.

Real review
By Leo on 11/09/08 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am giving the car points by what it realy deserves. This car is decent looking, fairly comfortable, and has good mileage. The car is probably best value due to factory incentives. The problems are - not enaugh headspace for people 6'1" and over, engine is little bit noisier and definitely not silky smooth. It also lacks the power to accelerate - be prepared to be passed by moms in minivans. I had a problem with steering (pulling to left side), this was fixed by dealership (changed steering rod) as warranty repairs. Otherwise no problem with quality. Everything works fine. Also Ford improved the lights so you can drive at night and actually see.

Apples or Oranges? You decide...
By Bob on 10/21/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 Nissan Altima SER for a brand new 2008 Mercury Milan. My Altima SER was purchased used with 8,600 miles on the odometer. The only drawback it had a six speed manual transmission. It had 18" mag wheels, low profile racing tires, a Bose stereo system, great racing seats, and a powerful 270 hp engine. When I blew the clutch it cost me $1500.00 to get it fixed. Well Nissan blew the repair, I couldn't find reverse at times, neither could I find first. I got so discouraged after several attempts to get it right with Nissan, I went car shopping. I found the Mercury Milan Premier. Its a great car, but its not an Altima SER. Thus my title Apples or Oranges...

Impressive for a Domestic
By Andy on 10/16/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Having driven a Nissan for the past 4 years and have BMW and VW, I was very apprehensive to go domestic. I needed AWD for weather and this is the best value car with AWD in mid-size. Altima, camry do not offer AWD. Car is built very well, I have no rattles, interior design is classy and clean. Full mileage - difficult to say on 1000 miles driven but AVG. of 23 for mixed driving is not great (our 535i gets 26 avg) - but with a AWD drivetrain it is much better than SUV's Highway is over 30 mpg.

Awesome Car!
By Adam on 09/28/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Unbeatable interior and exterior styling, mechanical quality and great gas mileage! The creature comforts are endless. SYNC is awesome, and the leather interior is very comfortable. The rims and grille provide fantastic exterior style. The sound system is unparalled. All this, with great gas mileage, 24 in the city, 32 on the freeway no problem. Forget about the Camry, Maxima and cCvic, the Mercury Milan is where it is at. Do yourself a favor and purchase this car!

Meets all my requirements and then some
By Rick on 09/04/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great looking, right size, comforable with enough power to get up and go when needed. Gets many complements. It's fun to drive. Had cars from T-birds to Mustangs plus many others. The last was a Honda Accord. Hated it, ride hard and uncomfortabe large heavy doors making access and exit difficult. My Milan beats it by a more than a mile.

Good Car...Could Be Better
By u26255 on 08/31/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I get around 30+ mpg. on highway. I drove 300 miles on a trip and averaged 32 mpg. with air blasting and speed average of 70-75 mph. That's good for a v6. The sound system is good. I like the mp3 outlet. There is plenty of storage space and great trunk space. The city mpg is terrible. I average 17 mpg. in city driving. The dash and doors rattle terribly and I drive very carefully as to not hit large bumps hard. The dealer can't fix it. The cloth seats are cheap, period! It needs a digital clock in the radio. There is a storage compartment on top of the front dash. I can't wait for that to also rattle. What a stupid place to put a storage compartment.

Wake Up People
By Vidin on 08/20/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great car that is dependable and fun to drive. Gets about 26 mpg all around and on the highway regularly gets 32- 33 mpg. A solid choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.