Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6 on
2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.
Favorite Features
The baseball stitching on the leather is a very nice touch. Car is pretty bare bones unless you add a bunch of options. I don't have traction control, which should pretty much be a standard feature of every car these days.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission which was serviced on scheduled should last more that 100K miles, add traction control as a standard feature.