2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

2007 Milan Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Very satified
By daveo

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned Ford Tarus before I decided to try a Mercury. The V-6 has plenty of power and when you want to get going at Interstate speeds just kick it and the motor answers back. The ride is excellent. Seats are very comfortable. The exterior appearance has a very sporty look. This Mercury is not your Father's Mmercury. I love just driving the car each and every time I set behind the wheel. The V-6 24 valve engine is very lively. What a fun car.

Favorite Features

The entire car.

Suggested Improvements

Leave a good thing alone.

Great value, great car
By chris caggiano

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After owning two Nissan Maximas in a row, their size and price had balooned beyond my needs. I never thought about Mercury until I did my homework and test drove the Milan. Handling is competent and accurate, ride is very comfortable but not sloppy and cabin noise is nill. The 6 cyl engine mates well with the 6 speed automatic. To my ear it produces a better note than the CVTs in Nissans, etc. Fit and finish are outstanding. For some reason this car looks best in dark colors. So far,after ten months, no repairs or problems.

Favorite Features

6 speed transmission dashboard storage 6-cd changer contrasting leather seat stitching fold down rear seats

Suggested Improvements

Add step plates to doors Add better hood support (spring not strut)

3 Month Followup
By Gallowsman

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well. It has been 3 months since I purchased my Milan and I still love it. Along with all the features I noted in a previous post I finally got to drive it in the snow and wow! What a great ride. Traction is unbelievable even on ice. I am very impressed with this new development along with handling on icy roads. I now have no regrets for not getting the AWD model.

Favorite Features

Learned to use the road speed volume control on the radio, nice feature. And love the Automatic Tempature Control.

Suggested Improvements

A set of good floor mats to go over factory mats.

Shocked
By Brad S.

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was searching out a new car and tried Altimas, Accords, Auras along with a few others. I never really considered trying a Milan because I've never been a real big fan of Mercury. I was blown away after stumbling on a used one at one of the dealerships. I went out the next day and bought one and have no regret. I don't know what these stupid editors or "car experts" get their info from, but this is a great car. I have the I4 premier and have no complaints. It gets great gas mileage, has a terrific interior and the class and style is top of the line. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Two-tone leather interior, climate control and overall design. I also commend the manufacturer on all the neat spare compartments throughout the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is great, but just a little higher would have made the purchase perfect.

My first American sedan is impressive
By San Jose driver

2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've always owned Japanese sedans - Datsun (now Nissan), Mazda Protege, and Toyota Camry - because of their great reputation. I've now found an American car that can compete with the best of them. The Milan is attractive in the cabin and even more so on the exterior, roomy and comfortable in the front and rear seats, and quiet except upon heavy acceleration. It handles nimbly and stably around curves. Brake performance is outstanding. The Milan is far superior to my Camry in these 2 respects. The trunk is spacious for a midsize car. So far, the reliability has been impressive except as noted below. Overall the car is a real pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

The LED tail lights are attractive, as is the waterfall on the front grille. The climate controls deliver heat and A/C promptly. All seats are comfortable. Favorite safety features are stable maneuvering around curves and responsive brakes. The Milan is an incomparable value for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish are inferior: Rattles from the seat belt pillars and buzzing from the front panel at certain speeds can't be resolved. I also suggest much greater rear visibility, an easier closing trunk, much tighter turning radius, and more intuitive placement of the headlight control.

My second Milan
By Sailor

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Milan. I put 60,000 on my 06 and the only thing I had to do was change the oil every 3,000 miles. My 07 is now 10 months old and has 37,000 miles on it and again, only oil changes. I spend at least 5 hours a day in the saddle and could not ask for a more comfortable car. Not sure if I should change with this kind of luck but I may try the CTS next.

Suggested Improvements

Everything that needed to be changed in the 06 was in the 07.

Love this Car
By Jack

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is exceptionally sytled and extremely eye catching inside and out. The I-4 engine is definitely willing to rev and delivers fun to drive performance while delivering very high fuel ecomonmy. I have been averaging 26.5 miles per gallon on mostly city driving with a very heavy foot. The car handling and ride are perhaps the best part. Very tight and very confindent. Feels like a much higher end sportier ride. I would reccomend this car to anyone who is looking for a high quality great looking car that mixes practicality with good driving dynamics.

Favorite Features

Handling, style, practicalty and fun.

Suggested Improvements

Need greater performance difference between I-4 and V6.

First car
By FF DGHTR

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been absolutely great so far. My mother and I were on out way to make a deal on a Ford Fusion and we saw the Milan. We fell in love. It has the same basic design on the inside but the exterior is much more classy. I don't know much about cars seeing as how it is my first but my car enthusiast boyfriend tells me it was a great buy. It picks up fast (V6) and is great for merging on the freeway. I've had no regrets so far. Everyone is fighting over who gets to drive my car.

Favorite Features

V6, power seats (I'm 5'1 and its great to be able to adjust my seat up/down/forward so i can reach the pedals and see out the back well), I also love the moonroof, it's great for summer nights

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any

Very Impressed so far
By Warren

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After my last car which I couldn't wait to buy, and then couldn't wait to get rid of, I wanted a car that I didn't care much about. I never gave Milan any consideration, but saw this one and liked it. It has only been a month but it grows on me each time I drive it. The quality of it is as good or better than the Passat it replaced. It rides very smoothly and handles nicely. The steering is not overly assisted. The leather interior is beautiful and very comfortable. The exterior design is very good looking as well. It definitely looks more expensive. I'm not sure why you don't see more of these on the road, but it is nice to stand out in a crowd of Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design and quality. The Premier comes very well equipped. Controls for radio, speed control, fan and temperature adjustments on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Heating controls are very low on the dash. Rear visibility is not great. Prop rod for hood seems cheap. Gas mileage for 6cyl is still low, hoping it will get better.

2007 Milan w/appearance
By jwr

2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far this has been an outstanding vehicle. Driving a rare 5 speed manual tranny is a real treat, the clutch takeup is as smooth as silk and the tranny shifter is just as smooth. The fuel economy so far is as good or better than the 2002 Focus I traded in on this vehicle. The audiophile sound system is excellent. The car is very comfortable around town and on long highway trips. I would most definitely recommend this car to a prospective buyer.

Favorite Features

Suede and leather seats with contrasting stitching, 17 inch alloys are really good looking on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Make all wheel drive available with a manual transmission.