2007 Milan requires new transmission at 75K miles
By cpuetzer on
2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
Started out as a decent vehicle. However, since I purchased the car I have put 75K miles with the bulk of it being highway miles. A low level hum developed and now the dealer and my mechanic confirmed that I now need a new transmission. Ford is only willing to pay 1K of the warranty repair price which leaves me stuck paying (3K). Amazing how Ford is not willing to stand behind their products. Even if I had purchased the extended warranty I still think a tranny should last longer than 75K and would still be unhappy.
Favorite Features
Drives nice when it works. Interior materials could be of higher quality. Once repaired I will trade it in for a foreign car.
Suggested Improvements
Poor rear visibility. Increase build quality of the power-train. I can say this, I will never purchase another Ford vehicle ever again. I want a manufacturer that will stand behind their products. Quality apparently is not job one anymore. Looking back I would have been better off buying a used BMW for the same price. At least the transmissions last longer than 75K.
By cpuetzer
on 10/19/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

Ok this is a followup to my review above. It wound up not being the transmission but the ptu. Ford is stepping up to the plate and still giving me the 1K off. Needless to say they are now in good graces and I am very relieved that it was not the transmission.