Used 2007 Mercury Milan Premier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

Favorite Features

The baseball stitching on the leather is a very nice touch. Car is pretty bare bones unless you add a bunch of options. I don't have traction control, which should pretty much be a standard feature of every car these days.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission which was serviced on scheduled should last more that 100K miles, add traction control as a standard feature.

Bought used
By j-dool

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle had most of what I wanted and it had very low miles when we bought it. the car is comfortable on long trips and the heated seats are great on the back. I can't believe we've put over 15,000 miles on it already. We've had no issues what so ever and while going on 4 years old it looks new. The ride isn't the smoothest but it's not the worst either. I like the 17" wheels and I think it handles very well for this type of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats and climate control. I like the overall design, it looks upscale and sporty at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Should come standard with some kind of parking sensor because you cannot see out the back.

great car
By johndobek

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have had this car for a couple years now and i love it. rides great and handles better. its a perfect blend of performance and luxury. the one thing that stands out is how quiet the car is. owning not as long as i have i don't realize it until i get into my wife's jetta. there is no wind noise!

Favorite Features

cars overall performance

Suggested Improvements

alot more power for the 4 cylinder

Ford Forever
By DaveK

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife almost 2 years ago. We have not had any problems with this car. In the first 9 months we had it I was broad sided on the passenger side. The car held up GREAT. No injuries and thankfully the car was repairable with no signs there was ever an accident. We have taken it through the mountains with no problem (had 2 men's bags and 2 women's - equates to everything but the kitchen sink - and still got 34 MPG over 700 miles). I love this car so muchmy brother just ditched his Malibu and bought one just like it, except he sprung for the V6 which is also quite awesome.

Favorite Features

Interior is very comfy, very safe, rides great, huge trunk, leather looks great, classy look going down the road without looking like a grandpa's car.

Suggested Improvements

Cooled seats for here in FL. Remote start. Multiple driver adjustment memory.

Not your grandma's car
By Lab rat

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to buy a Fusion but decided on the Milan after the test drive. It's just like the Fusion but had a better quality interior. I've got 40,000 miles on it now and have had no mechanical problems, but all of the valve stems on the tires gave out at 30,000 miles, leaving me on the side of the road on the coldest morning of the year. It's a good little car though. I only buy American and I'm happy with this one.

Favorite Features

Fog lights, CD player, drop-down seats, steering wheel controls, information indicator

Suggested Improvements

Thicker carpeting to mute road noise, more comfortable seats, a non-low- profile tire option, remote ignition would be awesome