2007 Mercury Milan Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6 on 10/15/12 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

Bought used
By j-dool on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle had most of what I wanted and it had very low miles when we bought it. the car is comfortable on long trips and the heated seats are great on the back. I can't believe we've put over 15,000 miles on it already. We've had no issues what so ever and while going on 4 years old it looks new. The ride isn't the smoothest but it's not the worst either. I like the 17" wheels and I think it handles very well for this type of vehicle.

great car
By johndobek on 11/26/09 21:40 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have had this car for a couple years now and i love it. rides great and handles better. its a perfect blend of performance and luxury. the one thing that stands out is how quiet the car is. owning not as long as i have i don't realize it until i get into my wife's jetta. there is no wind noise!

Ford Forever
By DaveK on 11/19/09 11:26 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife almost 2 years ago. We have not had any problems with this car. In the first 9 months we had it I was broad sided on the passenger side. The car held up GREAT. No injuries and thankfully the car was repairable with no signs there was ever an accident. We have taken it through the mountains with no problem (had 2 men's bags and 2 women's - equates to everything but the kitchen sink - and still got 34 MPG over 700 miles). I love this car so muchmy brother just ditched his Malibu and bought one just like it, except he sprung for the V6 which is also quite awesome.

Not your grandma's car
By Lab rat on 06/16/09 23:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went to buy a Fusion but decided on the Milan after the test drive. It's just like the Fusion but had a better quality interior. I've got 40,000 miles on it now and have had no mechanical problems, but all of the valve stems on the tires gave out at 30,000 miles, leaving me on the side of the road on the coldest morning of the year. It's a good little car though. I only buy American and I'm happy with this one.

Great car!
By Mark on 11/26/08 08:45 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were looking for better mpg in our vehicles, but don't like to compromise comfort and options. We found a dealer demo Milan and loved it from the test drive. Great highway mpg 31-35. Love the interior, very roomy and comfortable, and stylish with two-tone leather seats. No problems with this car and it really stands out from the crowd with great exterior styling. 4 cyl. engine has plenty of power for our driving needs. Looks like we will have this car for a long time. Quality and options make this a great value for your money.

Not so happy
By hockey mom on 04/21/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Milan for a almost 2 years now and can't wait to get rid of it. We travel a lot, and the passenger seat is terribly uncomfortable. The seats are not designed very well and the headrest is not alligned properly. The handling in the snow is the worst I have ever dealt with.

Fantastic car.
By Chris on 04/04/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a month now and I completely love it. I had a Ford before. It was the most reliable car I ever owned, so I stayed with the company and I have great hopes for the Milan. It certainly has excellent ratings from Consumer Reports. I think the Milan represents great value for the money.

Never a regret!
By Joe on 03/14/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to settle for another new economy car when after doing some research, I found this 2007 Milan I-4 Premier for sale. Am I glad I found it! The ride is superb along with all the extras I never could have afforded with a new Milan or had with an economy model. The gas mileage is lower than I'm used to, but considering all the perks I have now, I am glad I treated myself to this classy car. I heartily recommend it to those who want a step up from economy cars without spending big bucks to do so!

Shocked
By Brad S. on 12/08/07 20:15 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was searching out a new car and tried Altimas, Accords, Auras along with a few others. I never really considered trying a Milan because I've never been a real big fan of Mercury. I was blown away after stumbling on a used one at one of the dealerships. I went out the next day and bought one and have no regret. I don't know what these stupid editors or "car experts" get their info from, but this is a great car. I have the I4 premier and have no complaints. It gets great gas mileage, has a terrific interior and the class and style is top of the line. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.