2007 Mercury Milan Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6 on 10/15/12 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

Mercury Milan my worst purchase
By jacklover on 08/06/12 16:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Mercury brand new from a Mercury dealer, got a great price for an AWD car. 1) The car does not shift when cold unless you lift your foot or reach 5000 RPM 2) The third driveshaft at 75000 miles 1st was replaced under warranty 2nd an 3rd on my tab. 3) Buy tires get the car aligned, the alignment only lasts about 25000 miles . Firestone Bridgestone goodyear not generic tires 4) the dealer must think my wife is an idiot. Free inspections are not free, they will reccomend something not needed. If you ask a question they will deny it. 5) They don't have parts for a vehicle that is 5 years old. The Dealer and Ford Recommend purcahsing a $917.r dollar unit for a $10. breathe

2007 Milan requires new transmission at 75K miles
By cpuetzer on 10/12/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Started out as a decent vehicle. However, since I purchased the car I have put 75K miles with the bulk of it being highway miles. A low level hum developed and now the dealer and my mechanic confirmed that I now need a new transmission. Ford is only willing to pay 1K of the warranty repair price which leaves me stuck paying (3K). Amazing how Ford is not willing to stand behind their products. Even if I had purchased the extended warranty I still think a tranny should last longer than 75K and would still be unhappy.

Bought used
By j-dool on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle had most of what I wanted and it had very low miles when we bought it. the car is comfortable on long trips and the heated seats are great on the back. I can't believe we've put over 15,000 miles on it already. We've had no issues what so ever and while going on 4 years old it looks new. The ride isn't the smoothest but it's not the worst either. I like the 17" wheels and I think it handles very well for this type of vehicle.

Great car
By rav4man on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Look at the prices at the Merc/Ford dealers as these come off leases, fantastic deals. I have the leather light tan and black combo. Front seats are a little uncomfortable, seats do need to be higher. Did new rotors and ceramic brakes at 53,000 miles, now rides perfect. Climate controls excellent. Road noise very low. Excellent ride on the highway.MPG is 28 highway 23 city. Transmission 6 speed automatic nicest tranny I ever felt. Shifts silky smooth. Get the 6 cyl, 4 is underpowered. Do check out the Lincoln mkz which is the same car also, interior is ultra excellent on that ride

1st car and love it
By mark dichter on 04/26/10 02:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

first of all the ride in this car is smooth on the road and tight in the corners thanks to volvo. Mercury was smart in designing this car because they put a wonderful engine in a light reliable chassis. i average 400 miles to the tank and for a V6 with some pony's and some torque thats amazing. I overall love my car and would recommend it ti anyone who wants a luxurious car and if they want to have fun every now and then (but of course in a safe way) this is the car for you. For the parents on here this car is reliable safe and will make your son or Daughter love you for ever. trust me because this is coming from a 17 year old. 1 last thing is i got this with 30,000 miles for only $13,500

Wonderful Surprise
By Alisha on 03/12/10 12:35 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 1998 Ford Taurus SHO and recently graduated nursing school and was looking for a new car. I'm very price conscious and had looked at and researched many many cars at many lots. I went into the dealership to test drive a 2007 mazda6. Needless to say I was a little unimpressed the backseat was way too small and it just seemed okay at best. I also test drove two other cars I was almost going to "settle" if I got a cheap price or leave till one of the guys that worked there mentioned the Milan. I immediately feel in love. It was perfect from the aesthetic looks interior and exterior to the feeling of the drive. Very smooth. Plus, with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I knew it was it.

Great Car
By Snoo on 02/16/10 12:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the feel of the car from the first time i test drove a Milan. Plenty of room for my wife and toddler son. Trunk has enough space for stoller and groceries! I love the look of the car as well.

A nice surprise
By WarNM on 02/07/10 14:17 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was replacing a car that I initially loved and ended up hating and wanted a car that I had no feelings about. I saw this slightly used Milan and had read some good things about it. It has won me over, it does everything well, gets very good gas mileage for a 6, and has needed nothing but maintainance in the 35000 miles on it. The looks have grown on me and I think it is one of the better looking cars in its class. I would recommend it to anyone.

great car
By johndobek on 11/26/09 21:40 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have had this car for a couple years now and i love it. rides great and handles better. its a perfect blend of performance and luxury. the one thing that stands out is how quiet the car is. owning not as long as i have i don't realize it until i get into my wife's jetta. there is no wind noise!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.