Used 2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

The baseball stitching on the leather is a very nice touch. Car is pretty bare bones unless you add a bunch of options. I don't have traction control, which should pretty much be a standard feature of every car these days.

Transmission which was serviced on scheduled should last more that 100K miles, add traction control as a standard feature.

Mercury Milan my worst purchase
By jacklover

2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Mercury brand new from a Mercury dealer, got a great price for an AWD car. 1) The car does not shift when cold unless you lift your foot or reach 5000 RPM 2) The third driveshaft at 75000 miles 1st was replaced under warranty 2nd an 3rd on my tab. 3) Buy tires get the car aligned, the alignment only lasts about 25000 miles . Firestone Bridgestone goodyear not generic tires 4) the dealer must think my wife is an idiot. Free inspections are not free, they will reccomend something not needed. If you ask a question they will deny it. 5) They don't have parts for a vehicle that is 5 years old. The Dealer and Ford Recommend purcahsing a $917.r dollar unit for a $10. breathe

I despise this car, I drove a 3/4 ton pickup on vacation. 1600 miles 14 miles per gallon because I can't stand this vehicle.

Honor serviced parts with the original warranty. Keep all parts within a 5 day delivery.

2007 Milan requires new transmission at 75K miles
By cpuetzer

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Started out as a decent vehicle. However, since I purchased the car I have put 75K miles with the bulk of it being highway miles. A low level hum developed and now the dealer and my mechanic confirmed that I now need a new transmission. Ford is only willing to pay 1K of the warranty repair price which leaves me stuck paying (3K). Amazing how Ford is not willing to stand behind their products. Even if I had purchased the extended warranty I still think a tranny should last longer than 75K and would still be unhappy.

Drives nice when it works. Interior materials could be of higher quality. Once repaired I will trade it in for a foreign car.

Poor rear visibility. Increase build quality of the power-train. I can say this, I will never purchase another Ford vehicle ever again. I want a manufacturer that will stand behind their products. Quality apparently is not job one anymore. Looking back I would have been better off buying a used BMW for the same price. At least the transmissions last longer than 75K.

Bought used
By j-dool

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle had most of what I wanted and it had very low miles when we bought it. the car is comfortable on long trips and the heated seats are great on the back. I can't believe we've put over 15,000 miles on it already. We've had no issues what so ever and while going on 4 years old it looks new. The ride isn't the smoothest but it's not the worst either. I like the 17" wheels and I think it handles very well for this type of vehicle.

Love the heated seats and climate control. I like the overall design, it looks upscale and sporty at the same time.

Should come standard with some kind of parking sensor because you cannot see out the back.

Great car
By rav4man

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Look at the prices at the Merc/Ford dealers as these come off leases, fantastic deals. I have the leather light tan and black combo. Front seats are a little uncomfortable, seats do need to be higher. Did new rotors and ceramic brakes at 53,000 miles, now rides perfect. Climate controls excellent. Road noise very low. Excellent ride on the highway.MPG is 28 highway 23 city. Transmission 6 speed automatic nicest tranny I ever felt. Shifts silky smooth. Get the 6 cyl, 4 is underpowered. Do check out the Lincoln mkz which is the same car also, interior is ultra excellent on that ride

Heated seats, gas mileage, smooth ride, the price is nice. Rattle free

Higher seats, some felt liner in the sunglass holder and top dash storage unit. Just cut some out yourself.