Used 2007 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Exactly what you'd expect.
By Tim H.

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the car for a short time now and its been exactly what I've expected it to be. The car has great handling for it's somewhat bulky size but the acceleration lacks. Its not a weight issue, but an issue of low HP. Which is.. exactly what one should expect given its not a mucle car. Also, people seem to dislike the way the car actually rides, but keep in mind that this is not a Cadillac or Lincoln. If the car had air ride controlled shocks then i would have the same compaint but since that's not the case, I'm ok with it. The ride is smooth and easy but you can "feel the road" for lack of better words. Not in an abrasive or annoying way, more of a sense of awareness for the road itself. It's overall a very nice car with, so far, no bullshit attached. Worth buying, but know the worth of the car before hand. Also, as a footnote: the car is quite easy and carefree to drive, which could make this a bad "first car" for young drivers so take that into consideration before getting this one for your 17 yr old son/daughter. Even as an experienced driver, its not hard to overshoot my speed around curves in the road. On the other hand, the car has airbags damn near everywhere inside of the car so if your gonna flip it, you'll probably be ok :D

Not a good car for driving in deep snow. Brakes na
By John

2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It would be a good vehicle in your not in alot of snow, it gets stuck easily and the traction controls sometimes even makes it worse. Plus vehicle went through at least 3-4 sets of breaks, rotors, calipers, etc in the 2 + years I've owned it. Overall build is very nice and great looking and driving car. Had all the options and engine and tranny were also great.

Good Value, Transmission is major issue
By chuckt6

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a good car. I really like the interior and exterior styling. The interior leather has held up really well, even when my dogs have ridden in the backseat. It hasn't scratched or worn through like some other vehicles. It has been a pretty reliable car, I have 120,000+ miles on it, yes I drive a lot. The transmission failed at about 106K miles(i have the 5 speed automatic). It sounds like this transmission has problems in the Fusion and Mazda 6 as well. New from the dealer the tranny will cost you $6000, crazy for a $23K car. I had mine rebuilt for $2500 and so far so good. The brakes have been bullet proof, I still have my original brake pads and rotors.

The baseball stitching on the leather is a very nice touch. Car is pretty bare bones unless you add a bunch of options. I don't have traction control, which should pretty much be a standard feature of every car these days.

Transmission which was serviced on scheduled should last more that 100K miles, add traction control as a standard feature.

Mercury Milan my worst purchase
By jacklover

2007 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Mercury brand new from a Mercury dealer, got a great price for an AWD car. 1) The car does not shift when cold unless you lift your foot or reach 5000 RPM 2) The third driveshaft at 75000 miles 1st was replaced under warranty 2nd an 3rd on my tab. 3) Buy tires get the car aligned, the alignment only lasts about 25000 miles . Firestone Bridgestone goodyear not generic tires 4) the dealer must think my wife is an idiot. Free inspections are not free, they will reccomend something not needed. If you ask a question they will deny it. 5) They don't have parts for a vehicle that is 5 years old. The Dealer and Ford Recommend purcahsing a $917.r dollar unit for a $10. breathe

I despise this car, I drove a 3/4 ton pickup on vacation. 1600 miles 14 miles per gallon because I can't stand this vehicle.

Honor serviced parts with the original warranty. Keep all parts within a 5 day delivery.

2007 Milan requires new transmission at 75K miles
By cpuetzer

2007 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Started out as a decent vehicle. However, since I purchased the car I have put 75K miles with the bulk of it being highway miles. A low level hum developed and now the dealer and my mechanic confirmed that I now need a new transmission. Ford is only willing to pay 1K of the warranty repair price which leaves me stuck paying (3K). Amazing how Ford is not willing to stand behind their products. Even if I had purchased the extended warranty I still think a tranny should last longer than 75K and would still be unhappy.

Drives nice when it works. Interior materials could be of higher quality. Once repaired I will trade it in for a foreign car.

Poor rear visibility. Increase build quality of the power-train. I can say this, I will never purchase another Ford vehicle ever again. I want a manufacturer that will stand behind their products. Quality apparently is not job one anymore. Looking back I would have been better off buying a used BMW for the same price. At least the transmissions last longer than 75K.

• SUV