2006 Mercury Milan Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Been a good car thus far
By atxredhead on 03/09/11 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Milan in Sept 2010 with 36,000 miles on it. We have put approximatly 20,000 miles on it already and we havent had any problems. Transmitions fine...Gas mileage is decent, its comfortable and roomy (even with two car seats in back) I have notices one thing though, when I first start it the RPMs run high, but if I give it a second (literaly) they go back down to normal. Certainly the best used car Ive ever had. My husband missed the "get up and go" of our 3.9 liter Impala that we had before it, but we have two kids and Im not trying to haul ass around town or anything, so its perfect. I LOVE the side cutain airbags, makes me feel like the kids are safe! Good car thus far!

Replace Transmission
By Kimber on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! But after owning it only 9 months (purchased used) the transmission went out! No warranty with 39k miles! It has a auto trans so I'm not sure how this happened? Now I'm stuck with the repair/replacement bills. Will never buy another Mercury again. I bought only after my Mercury sable was a total loss from a guy hitting me. Not a happy Mercury owner right now. Will prob trade off and cut my losses! : (

Had problems
By Greg on 05/31/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just after warranty pin on clutch broke and destroyed trans an clutch. Had purchased extra warranty that covered $3180 repair. this happened after 36,000 mile warranty expired. Actually 110 miles after warranty. Now I find pretty common with Fusions and Milan stick shift. Not real happy considering this is supposed to be such a good automobile.

Very good overall vehicle
By cmhennig on 04/23/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very happy with my purchase overall. The only regret is buying one with the 5 speed manaul transmission. I thought it would be fun shifting gears but it's not.

Great car all together
By Tony on 04/16/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, this car is awesome. From the comfy leather seats and sun roof, to the sleek design inside and out. I do wish I had the 6 cyl at times, but I have a 5-Speed which is a bit more power efficient. The stereo sounds better than many stock systems I've heard. The stock wheels are pretty sharp. Very roomy all around for a smaller sedan.

Not built to last
By yven7 on 04/13/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove well at first with regular maintenance. After the first 100,000 miles there were problems with several hoses connected to the exhaust system and it became much louder. At 142, 000 miles it needs a new transmission and several boards. I trusted the brand after a mercury villager minivan that I drove for more than 260,000 miles but I won't buy another mercury vehicle.

Excellent
By lawells27 on 01/26/10 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought new in fall 2005 when they first became available. The lincoln MKZ wasn't out yet so I got the Milan Premier with leather heated seats. I love the look of this car... stylish and semi-luxury look and feel. Still happy with car after several years and plan to keep the car for a long time yet.

Pre-Owned Like New!
By Meg on 04/01/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't had this vehicle very long, but even so far, it's the best pre- owned car I've ever had! It handles well, I get descent gas mileage, and it's like NEW! I've always had problems with previous cars, but I can already feel the difference... I would recommend this to anyone that asks about it (whether it be new or pre- owned). I have virtually no complaints. This is the best car I've owned, and I would buy another one IF I could ever drive this one into the ground.

Not Exactly Pleased
By Hayley on 03/10/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Loved interior & exterior at purchase. Too bad it didn't last. The window control panel on the driver's side door pops out each time you close the door. I feel like the car is straining when I accelerate. Then when the car had about 25,000 miles on it, it began to hesitate when I tried to accelerate. It got to the point where the car would not respond when I pushed the gas pedal, it would hesitate and then eventually would go, but when it did it would shoot my RPMs up high. This was dangerous, especially in an intersection. The car was under warranty at the time, and they ended up replacing the coil packs (?). This corrected the problem. I'm not impressed with this car & would not recommend.

Very happy with my purchase
By tim on 02/25/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing that bothers me is the engine noise but it's a 4 cyl 5 speed. It's a fun car to drive and the features that come with the car is perfect for what I and any one else needs that drives a lot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.