2006 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:
Very good overall vehicle
By cmhennig on 04/23/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very happy with my purchase overall. The only regret is buying one with the 5 speed manaul transmission. I thought it would be fun shifting gears but it's not.

Not built to last
By yven7 on 04/13/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drove well at first with regular maintenance. After the first 100,000 miles there were problems with several hoses connected to the exhaust system and it became much louder. At 142, 000 miles it needs a new transmission and several boards. I trusted the brand after a mercury villager minivan that I drove for more than 260,000 miles but I won't buy another mercury vehicle.

Very happy with my purchase
By tim on 02/25/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing that bothers me is the engine noise but it's a 4 cyl 5 speed. It's a fun car to drive and the features that come with the car is perfect for what I and any one else needs that drives a lot.

Vivid Red Milan
By dannyboy on 05/05/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car offers great mpg and a lot of interior space and cargo space. Lots of looks and people ask questions about the car, i.e., what kind of vehicle is this?

My Milan
By Froglet20 on 07/20/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now and I think it's wonderful.

Love it
By dar2855 on 03/29/07 10:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I put 24,000 miles on in 11 months and no problems. The 4 cylinder has good performance and 33 miles per gallon. Wish they had the AWD when I bought mine.

Green beauty
By lucky46 on 02/16/07 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, fantastic handling. Bought the 4 cylinder for fuel economy. It has adequate zip. I got 34 mpg on a long highway trip through PA. Quieter than my 2003 Sable, handles like a smaller car, very maneuverable and yet with a very comfortable ride and more than adequate interior space. I am 6 foot 4 and I love the telescoping steering wheel.

Good vehicle
By samson126 on 02/01/07 06:36 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Took advantage of year end pricing and financing and not disappointed. Nice family car. If you are looking to save some money by getting the base model of a brand, this model shouldn't disappoint. Took awhile to get used to 4 cylinder after driving 6 cylinder, but after 5 months the car is dependable and gets me from point A to B without any worries. It looks like a more expensive model and so far is very dependable.

Milan is Magnificent
By Matsupa on 09/23/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the V6 Premier. The ride is excellent, the only problem with the duratech engine is the torque during a hard acceleration, other than that the shifting of the 6 speed transmission is smooth with more than adequate power. I have averaged about 25 mpg combined highway and city driving since I have owned the car.

Milan quite the nice car!
By Paul on 09/05/06 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I will preface this by saying I work in the retail end of the car business and have for about 25 years. I am an avowed hater of Ford Motor Company vehicles, but I recently went to work as a finance manager for a local Lincoln Mercury dealer. I purchased a new 2005 Milan when I went to work here, and I must say was I ever wrong about Ford cars and trucks. This car is far superior to anything else I have looked at in its class, plus you dont have to pay the brain damage you get from import dealers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.