Used 2006 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Milan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Good car if you like to baby it after 100,000 mi
By Dakota B.

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car. Very comfortable, probably the most comfortable car ever. Its easy to get my down-syndrome uncle in and out. But, the downside is that at about 100,000 miles the transmission will start to slip after driving it about 25-30 minutes, so I can't trust it to pass on the highway. Will more than likely never buy one again :( which makes me said because I loved it at the beginning

why not
By sue spalding

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my militant for 6 years now. I bought it with only 21,000 miles on it. I drive it a lot and it now has 112,000. Miles on it. Only one big expense after I had it for about 3 years and it cost $500.00 to repair at dealership. Some kind of fuse board burnt out.

Been a good car thus far
By atxredhead

2006 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Milan in Sept 2010 with 36,000 miles on it. We have put approximatly 20,000 miles on it already and we havent had any problems. Transmitions fine...Gas mileage is decent, its comfortable and roomy (even with two car seats in back) I have notices one thing though, when I first start it the RPMs run high, but if I give it a second (literaly) they go back down to normal. Certainly the best used car Ive ever had. My husband missed the "get up and go" of our 3.9 liter Impala that we had before it, but we have two kids and Im not trying to haul ass around town or anything, so its perfect. I LOVE the side cutain airbags, makes me feel like the kids are safe! Good car thus far!

Side curtain airbags, cruise control, radio operations on steering wheel, remote entry. HUGE TRUNK!

None so far, lets hope it stays that way. After reading some of these reveiws we may be trading in before 100,000 miles though, just to be safe! But by then I wil be done with nursing school and my husband will have his masters so we will surley be able to afford a NEW car! I really want a VW....sorry Mercury! lol!

Replace Transmission
By Kimber

2006 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! But after owning it only 9 months (purchased used) the transmission went out! No warranty with 39k miles! It has a auto trans so I'm not sure how this happened? Now I'm stuck with the repair/replacement bills. Will never buy another Mercury again. I bought only after my Mercury sable was a total loss from a guy hitting me. Not a happy Mercury owner right now. Will prob trade off and cut my losses! : (

Well gosh I would have to say make a car that runs 100K before I would have to replace the transmission!

Had problems
By Greg

2006 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just after warranty pin on clutch broke and destroyed trans an clutch. Had purchased extra warranty that covered $3180 repair. this happened after 36,000 mile warranty expired. Actually 110 miles after warranty. Now I find pretty common with Fusions and Milan stick shift. Not real happy considering this is supposed to be such a good automobile.