Used 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Milan-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (26 reviews )

Traded the Prius for this, and am soooo glad!
By captainkey

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2011 Prius. That da** car had the absolutely worst seats you could put in a car. I saw this car on the Richmond BMW lot, pulled in, took it for a test drive and traded on the spot, which I have never done before. It is far superior to the Prius except in the gas mileage. The shifting is much smoother, it is a lot quieter, and the leather seats are like heaven. I could drive this all day and not get tired. I average about 38 mpg, and I have a lead foot. I have never owned an America built car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage Seating comfort Stereo That it is not a Prius

The Lone Star in my Texas Garage
By pregomio

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got the car fully loaded except for DVD player who needs it, had remote start added by Mercury dealer who did not install the antenna so drove it a years till I had it serviced at a Ford Dealer nearer my home who fixed problem beware WestPoint Lincoln/Mercury dealership in Houston, TX, the car is great the dealership needs to be looked at by Ford or HPD bunko squad. I will not go near the place again for anything!

Favorite Features

The car talks to me and I talk to the car have even got my Milan to understand Italian words and phrases as well as getting the jukebox loaded with over 200 pieces of music with space for a lot more, the hands free phone is heaven sent and so safe to use while driving so sad to see the name tag go Mercury is no more and I own a instant classic car.

Suggested Improvements

Could use Home Link and A/C seats but the Lincoln MKZ is it's replacement and should have those items on it.

Reformed Honda Owner
By Topekan

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned a Mustang, a Taurus, and 5 Honda's (Accords & a CRX). This time I chose the Mercury Milan and I'm glad I did. No Honda ever had the same "substantial" sound I hear when I close the door of my new Milan. I regularly get 38 mph and I tend to accelerate a little rapidly from a complete stop. The fit and finish well exceed my last Honda (2005 Accord. The technology behind the accessories, safety options, and advanced hybrid system have no equal in Honda products. This car could be the start of a new series with Ford Motor products!

Favorite Features

Hybrid Drive, Sync, Seats

Suggested Improvements

Universal Garage Door Opener

Concerns due to breakdown
By Mac

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a nice car but unfortunately left us stranded after running well when we stopped for a snack. It would not start and gave us various error messages.

Favorite Features

Back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Wagon/hatchback would be nice.

Best Hybrid in the price range
By rpp

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One professional auto reviewer had it right. This is the first hybrid to drive like a regular car. It is also clearly superior to the Ford Fusion Hybrid, Camry Hyrbid, Lexus HS250, Prius, and Altima Hybrid if you compare carefully. I really wanted to like the Lexus, but it was noisy and didn't drive as well as the Milan. The only advantage of the Lexus was the interior leather IMHO. I have a 2004 Mercedes E320 and I replaced a 1998 Infiniti Q45 with the Milan Hybrid. I've had the Milan for about 3 weeks now, and I am pretty satisfied. Averaging over 36 MPG with the A/C running, but have gotten over 46 going to work. As expected, mileage is very dependent on the terrain.

Favorite Features

All the electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Homelink. Seat coolers. Passenger seat lumbar adjust. Driver seat memory. Larger trunk.