2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (26 reviews )
Traded the Prius for this, and am soooo glad!
By captainkey on 02/19/13 08:16 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2011 Prius. That da** car had the absolutely worst seats you could put in a car. I saw this car on the Richmond BMW lot, pulled in, took it for a test drive and traded on the spot, which I have never done before. It is far superior to the Prius except in the gas mileage. The shifting is much smoother, it is a lot quieter, and the leather seats are like heaven. I could drive this all day and not get tired. I average about 38 mpg, and I have a lead foot. I have never owned an America built car.

The Lone Star in my Texas Garage
By pregomio on 09/18/11 15:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got the car fully loaded except for DVD player who needs it, had remote start added by Mercury dealer who did not install the antenna so drove it a years till I had it serviced at a Ford Dealer nearer my home who fixed problem beware WestPoint Lincoln/Mercury dealership in Houston, TX, the car is great the dealership needs to be looked at by Ford or HPD bunko squad. I will not go near the place again for anything!

Reformed Honda Owner
By Topekan on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned a Mustang, a Taurus, and 5 Honda's (Accords & a CRX). This time I chose the Mercury Milan and I'm glad I did. No Honda ever had the same "substantial" sound I hear when I close the door of my new Milan. I regularly get 38 mph and I tend to accelerate a little rapidly from a complete stop. The fit and finish well exceed my last Honda (2005 Accord. The technology behind the accessories, safety options, and advanced hybrid system have no equal in Honda products. This car could be the start of a new series with Ford Motor products!

Concerns due to breakdown
By Mac on 05/24/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a nice car but unfortunately left us stranded after running well when we stopped for a snack. It would not start and gave us various error messages.

Best Hybrid in the price range
By rpp on 05/21/10 23:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One professional auto reviewer had it right. This is the first hybrid to drive like a regular car. It is also clearly superior to the Ford Fusion Hybrid, Camry Hyrbid, Lexus HS250, Prius, and Altima Hybrid if you compare carefully. I really wanted to like the Lexus, but it was noisy and didn't drive as well as the Milan. The only advantage of the Lexus was the interior leather IMHO. I have a 2004 Mercedes E320 and I replaced a 1998 Infiniti Q45 with the Milan Hybrid. I've had the Milan for about 3 weeks now, and I am pretty satisfied. Averaging over 36 MPG with the A/C running, but have gotten over 46 going to work. As expected, mileage is very dependent on the terrain.

Awesome
By carl on 05/03/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

One week into ownership I could not be happier. My white Mercury Milan's profile reminds me of a C Class Mercedes. Gas mileage is phenomenal. I expected a drop from my Focus, but no. Some trip numbers have been so astonishing, not sure I believe them myself. First fill up will verify - or not. I should add, I am a totally disciplined hypermiler. So many systems to go wrong. Still, they are all working as advertised. My luck can't last on flawless performance. Considering getting the Extracare Extended Service Plan, as repair on some of these systems, especially the electronics, must be very expensive.

A Keeper
By Hybrid fan on 04/25/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is a no-compromise hybrid. We owned a Ford Fusion 6-cylinder SEL before this one, loved it, but this is even better. The hybrid powertrain is awesome -- imperceptible if you don't want to think about it (though you'll notice going 600 miles on a tank!) but the Eco-Guide display helps you hypermile if you want> I got 99.9 mpg on one trip! (Okay, it was a short downhill trip, but I've also had longer trip in the high 40s and 50s. Very well-appointed, classy car. Some friends with a BMW were drooling over it. Plan to keep this one for a good long time. I hear the batteries last more or less forever.

Great Car, the right decision!!!
By MB on 03/26/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had a 2007 Lincoln MKZ that my wife hated, poor turning radius, difficult to judge for parking,etc. Looked at the Fusion Hybrid, the new MKZ, and fell in love with this elegant, understated, very European styled tuxedo black Milan Premier Hybrid. Have over 1200 miles on the car and we are averaging 38 MPG, just amazing, never expected it to be so good. Price was right, and the reviews sold us.

Awsome - a real treat, fun to demo
By pooderbill on 02/20/10 15:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After several years with Saturns (which had great mileage), the demise of Saturn sent me looking for a more luxurious car. The Milan hybrid is by far the nicest car I have ever been in. Performance is amazing - acceleration in the 25-40 range is very surprising. Freeway mileage is about 36 but in town, I can get 42 to 58 if I watch the EV indicator. The dash reminds me when the electric motor is running and I tend to take advantage of that when I can. I love giving a demo in silent electric mode, showing the power flow on the screen and of course all the Sync features. Passengers can't tell when the gas engine kicks in. I have nitrogen in the tires which may kick in an extra 2-3 MPG.

Concerned about MPG
By Ted Kollar on 02/10/10 15:22 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall we love the car. I have always bought American and usually Ford. The biggest selling point was the advertised mileage. Sadly, as of yet, we have been unable to experience over 28 MPG. (This car has only been over 40 MPH for about 200 of the 1300 miles logged. Dealership say's it's the cold weather. I will check back in when the weather warms up. As I said, in general, we love the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid in VA is:

$121 per month*