Used 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Milan-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (26 reviews )

Concerns due to breakdown
By Mac

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a nice car but unfortunately left us stranded after running well when we stopped for a snack. It would not start and gave us various error messages.

Favorite Features

Back up camera.

Suggested Improvements

Wagon/hatchback would be nice.

Darn good, but not perfect
By G'Pa

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After three months and the completion of a 2200 mile road trip I am now comfortable with my feelings on this vehicle. Love the mileage, as high as 60 in short (5-10mi) urban trips per computer. I have validated computer calculations on the road trip, so Yahoo! Nice interior and lots of compliments on the exterior styling. Unfortunately there are some missed cues in this car. Headrests- designers...what were you thinking? My wife and I both have to recline the seatback excessively to find a comfortable position for our neck. No Homelink-no memory seats. These are standard items in this price category.

Favorite Features

Excellent economy...avg 39 mpg overall Good ride and handling, minimal road noise, friendly nav system, good sound system, better than the Acura we replaced

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headrest positioning Memory seats, homelink should be standard Adjustable pedals and wheel would be useful for some of us. A couple of inches more legroom in the back would be helpful.

The Comparatively Better Hybrid
By Kurt

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now had the car for a little over four months. I previously had a Buick Lucerne. Although the Lucerne had much more room, I like the handling of the Milan much better. I am experiencing an average of 36.4 mpg. Nice, but not quite what they are advertising. But it is almost 20 mpg more than I got in the Lucerne. And I do mostly city driving. And I am being very cautious with my driving habits - trying to get the best mileage I can.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and the handling are my favorite features. The standard equipment is quite nice as well. I didn’t think I would like the two-tome leather but it is subtle enough and I like it better than I expected.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are not the most comfortable. There is also not much room between the seat and the steering wheel. In other words, you will hit the steering column on the way out of the car every time. And I am only 5’10” / 190 lbs. The back seats are harder than I would have expected.

Love My New Milan Hybrid
By Deb

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my new Milan Hybrid for about 3 weeks now and I love it. It's replacing a '03 Acura TL (which I loved) and I wanted to buy an American hybrid this time. This is my first American car since the early 80s and I am very impressed. The interior is contemporary and comfortable; I love the styling. I drive about 200 miles a day and the Milan is very comfortable. I love the integrated BlueTooth and the free 3-month subscription to Sirius radio. The seats could be a tad cushier but other than that no complaints. Most of my daily driving is highway 65-75 mph and I am getting 34-35 MPG which is great.

Favorite Features

* Gas mileage * Interior styling * Heated leather seats * Constant monitoring of my MPG

Suggested Improvements

* A little cushier front seat

Ergonomic Flaw on seating
By Bill Palermo

2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

On my first review I was to hasty to rate the interior design a 10. I have to go back and rate the seating a 4. It is very uncomfortable for petite drivers or passengers if their height is 5'3" or under. Once you are seated into the plush leather seating and settle back you will notice the headrest will push your head forward. Long trips will put you into misery and a maybe even a visit to the chiropractor office. When you try out the seating make sure you are not wearing a winter coat, that's what it takes to keep your head from being pushed forward. I wrote to the Ford / Mercury Customer Service Department explaining what I feel is a flawed design on their leather seating package.

Favorite Features

See my first review dated 06/01/2009.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the headrest in the leather package for petite individuals 5'.3" and under. I know the seating engineers can remodel a person sitting in the seats.