Used 2010 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercury Mariner

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Love my Mariner!
By BK2010

2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My M.M is much more than I thought it would be. The big rebates/incentives and good gas mileage (for an SUV) were huge motivators in my decision to purchase a M.M. I was surprisingly shocked at how much I like this SUV. My MPG gauge tells me I am getting 27, great, smooth ride, love the interior & the sun roof. An extra plus is the sync system which I have finally mastered.

Favorite Features

smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

none so far

What a ride
By mtre

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car was actually our number two choice. We had picked out a JGC to purchase but kept getting the run around from the Jeep dealership. All I can say is Thank Goodness they tried to hose us. We got a much better vehicle, with more options, and better overall quality, for a heck of a lot less money. We are sold on Ford products for life. Thank you Bob Howard Ford of Okc! I will never stray to GM or Chrysler again.

Favorite Features

Love everything about! If I had to pick one feature to be my favorite it would have to be the SYNC system with Navigation. Do not know how we have gotten along without it!

Suggested Improvements

I do not know what to improve, everything is perfect! How about this for an add on: A side sitting jump seat for a sixth passenger would be cool, but I am quirky like that. Love the car!

No Regrets
By ernie

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Being that dad worked for FORDS, I figured it was time to get rid of the Honda Odyssey and downsize into the Mariner. It is a great vehicle and coming from a minivan I was impressed, I don't feel like I am missing anything. The quality is outstanding, and I simply have no regrets!!

Favorite Features

SYNC, sync, 911 Assist, Rear backup sensors, camera, the seats!!!

Suggested Improvements

None as of yet

Awesome!
By ernestb48104

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in an 2007 Odyssey (118K) for the Mariner, sure the MARINER is going to be smaller, but it is a nicely built vehicle and suspect we will be keeping this for a while.

Favorite Features

SYNC system backup camera and sensors, ease of driving, and having the navi system tell you where there LIFE REAL TRAFFIC

Suggested Improvements

Feature to cancel Cruise, as it states to tap onto brakes or turn cruise off.

Middle of the Road
By Ericd2day

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Mariner has had some transmission issues. Feels like the engine is breaking and slowing the car down. Dealer says this is normal. Heated front seats get too hot too fast and should have a temp. setting. Still a lot of outside noise and engine is noisy when accelerating. Climate controls very good. Brakes not firm enough for me, need rear disc. Gas mileage varies but for the most part is very good. The I4 engine labors to get up to speed but then does OK to maintain, cruise control helps with mileage on highways. Wish I had opted for the V6 but thought the mileage would be poor. Ok car for now but I do not know if I would purchase another one.

Favorite Features

sync is cool and climate control is excellent,

Suggested Improvements

improve brakes, transmission should shift smoother, somehow reduce engine and road noise