2010 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
got a great suv
By ronald mack on 05/09/10 06:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

overall great suv fun to drive good milage great room

Awesome vehicle
By sandy on 05/04/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is by far the best SUV I have owned. Since it is a top safety pick by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, my insurance rates actually dropped. Fun to drive, to zip around town, or I take it to visit the coast. Great Size. Great gas mileage. very convenient and easy to drop the seats for a cargo area for my dogs. A true "Family" vehicle. I'll buy another, but can't imagine the technology getting any better than the SYNC phone audio system. AWESOME!

interior
By MarinerDriver on 04/30/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, happy with Mariner Premier FWD. I get 26 mpg on mostly highway. Fun to drive! Heated leather seats get too hot, too fast. Other reviews correct about headliner having frayed exposed cut edge. Dealership says its a Ford design flaw they can't do anything about. Navigation system is not the easiest to pick up without reading manual. Rear view camera is great. Like watching TV! My new car had a scratch in paint that dealership smoothed out, but is still visible. Smooth ride. Side step bars, don't get: just get pants dirty when get in/out. Lots of head room. 4 cyl not too peppy but fuel economy makes up for that.

Bought a ford with a problem
By BCampbell on 04/02/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a Mercury Mariner in Nov. 2009 in Jan started making a squeal when started in a certain temp out side took back to dealer 4 times contacted ford customer care and basically since this only happens at a certain temp and they do not know what causes it they will not fix it or do anything about it stuck with a 20,000.00 dollar vehicle with a problem that is now my problem.

Worth A Strong Buying Consideration
By J Tolnet on 02/20/10 22:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Mariner has thus far been shown to be one of the better vehicles that I have purchased,which numbers in excess of 20, occurring over 45 years of driving. I traded in a 2007 Saturn Aura which was rated as North American Car of the Year, in reality, it was one of the worst, just behind a 1982 American Eagle & 1978 Chrysler Labaron. The Mariner rides smooth and solid over all road types including those classed as rough. Fit & finish are excellent. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but I am well pleased with its initial quality and the way it drives, it is one the easiest driving vehicles that I can recall ever driving. Would I buy this car again ? Yes, without reservation.

1st Time Mercury Owner
By Michelle - Chicago on 02/03/10 08:13 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought my Mariner on Jan. 16th. Still learning all about it and getting use to it. I bought the Premier model and enjoy the upgrades. I purchased the 2WD and so far very sufficient for the Chicago weather. I do like the visibility of the SUV styling. Gas mileage..we'll see how that goes. Too early to tell but it is a SUV. My only complaint at this time is, the noise level. Chicago streets aren't the best but when you hit a bump it sounds like the whole rear end of the vehicle is going to fall out. My old Explorer wasn't even that bad on the bumps. Maybe that will get better over time. I hope so!

I Treated Myself
By normkol on 01/04/10 08:21 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Mazda Tribute ES for the last 7 years, and was very happy with it. I decided to treat myself, and moved up to the top of the line Mariner Premium for my new car. This has a new V6, new 6 speed auto, and most options. The optional stereo with Sync is great, I'm still learning the features. The ride is comfortable but solid, acceleration is comparable to the old V6, but much quieter. My daughter said the ambient lighting gives it a spaceship feel.

Mariner Premier
By Robert on 12/15/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Car rated as 21 - 28 mpg. Was initially pleased as I got 22+ mpg in town. Then I took a trip to Nashville (902 miles roundtrip). Was disappointed when this 4 cylinder returned a miserable 24.3 mpg. I drove the speed limit using cruise control for almost the entire trip. Went back to the dealer who stated they had a quite a few people commenting on the weak mileage. They stated it was because most gas had 1-10 percent ethanol added. Did not believe it as the SUV I traded in averaged 29-30 mpg for the same trip. It had the same HP engine and weighed only 100 lbs less. Of course there is a disclaimer on the window sticker stating the mileage may vary between 23- 33mpg. Guess I'm stuck.

Can't Say Enough About This Vehicle!
By kaerae01 on 12/15/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I work as a supervisor in the construction industry and was looking for something that could climb over "anything and everything" and through snowy mountains. Got exactly what I wanted with this. It zooms past other larger vehicles, although I did get the V6 Premium model. Got a great deal on it too, so don't limit yourselves to the base model as the premium is more affordable than one would think! Will keep this till it kicks the bucket. Had a Chevy Tracker prior and it couldn't hold a candle to this, and before that a Mercury Tracer. Love this as much as I did my Tracer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercury Mariner in WA is:

$155 per month*