2010 Mercury Mariner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Car nut... so this shouldn't be.
By vincent33 on 02/14/14 14:03 PM (PST)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Was looking for a new ride for my wife. We have a 2005 Escape and she pretty much loves it. She set aside a 2002 Highlander and took the Escape from me. So we recently shopped the New Highlander, Venza, and CRV along with new Escape. I thought the new Escape fit me like a Mummy box. Nice for around time, but no room to move around on 300 mile trips. The new Highlander was big! The Venza, expensive and ridiculous 20" wheels. CRV the seats don't suit me and she felt it wasn't substantial. So what do we do... look for a new used "old style" Escape. This Merc was priced better, has some toys like phone interface and the "jukebox" and "nav" that seems to work well.

First time Mercury Owner
By mariner10 on 10/31/12 21:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used a few weeks ago and I am very pleased. It is almost 3 years old at this point but only had 11,000 miles on it. It's smaller than the Oldsmobile Bravada I used to have. I am pleased with the gas mileage (28.4) on the highway. I could whine about a few minor things but there is no point. Overall, I really like this vehicle.

2010 Mariner 6 Cyl FWD
By roth45 on 09/15/11 07:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

.Excellent drv & pass frt seats. I am 6'4" and fit well in either. Good back support. Back seats average. . Good Suspension - Great ride for short WB. . 6 cyl (240 HP) very strong running. . Have 18.5K miles so far - no mech issues. . Sunroof had major wind noise when open. Weather Tech deflector solved it. Easy Install. . Mileage 25-28 MPG at 65-70 MPH highway. 22-25 Suburban /city driving. . Max roof rack bar separation is marginal at 30"- could have been easily designed to have 36". . Installed 2" Curt Rec Hitch- medium effort.

Not a Mountaineer
By tootz on 05/11/11 11:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got this vehicle after driving a Mountaineer for 6 years. The Mariner was a little disappointing-comparitvely speaking. I got a great deal on it however. Gas mileage is OK, comfort is OK, but the drive is noisey at best. And, while I did get the 'flex fuel' model, there is no flex fuel to be found in my area of the country - what is the point?

OK
By jtr on 08/05/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the vehicle and got an incredible deal. Not as comfortable as I would like. Great mileage, some wind noise. Wished the seat went further back

Love my Mariner!
By BK2010 on 07/18/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My M.M is much more than I thought it would be. The big rebates/incentives and good gas mileage (for an SUV) were huge motivators in my decision to purchase a M.M. I was surprisingly shocked at how much I like this SUV. My MPG gauge tells me I am getting 27, great, smooth ride, love the interior & the sun roof. An extra plus is the sync system which I have finally mastered.

What a ride
By mtre on 06/28/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car was actually our number two choice. We had picked out a JGC to purchase but kept getting the run around from the Jeep dealership. All I can say is Thank Goodness they tried to hose us. We got a much better vehicle, with more options, and better overall quality, for a heck of a lot less money. We are sold on Ford products for life. Thank you Bob Howard Ford of Okc! I will never stray to GM or Chrysler again.

No Regrets
By ernie on 06/19/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Being that dad worked for FORDS, I figured it was time to get rid of the Honda Odyssey and downsize into the Mariner. It is a great vehicle and coming from a minivan I was impressed, I don't feel like I am missing anything. The quality is outstanding, and I simply have no regrets!!

Awesome!
By ernestb48104 on 06/16/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in an 2007 Odyssey (118K) for the Mariner, sure the MARINER is going to be smaller, but it is a nicely built vehicle and suspect we will be keeping this for a while.

Middle of the Road
By Ericd2day on 06/05/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Mariner has had some transmission issues. Feels like the engine is breaking and slowing the car down. Dealer says this is normal. Heated front seats get too hot too fast and should have a temp. setting. Still a lot of outside noise and engine is noisy when accelerating. Climate controls very good. Brakes not firm enough for me, need rear disc. Gas mileage varies but for the most part is very good. The I4 engine labors to get up to speed but then does OK to maintain, cruise control helps with mileage on highways. Wish I had opted for the V6 but thought the mileage would be poor. Ok car for now but I do not know if I would purchase another one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercury Mariner Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*