Used 2010 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Car nut... so this shouldn't be.
By vincent33

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Was looking for a new ride for my wife. We have a 2005 Escape and she pretty much loves it. She set aside a 2002 Highlander and took the Escape from me. So we recently shopped the New Highlander, Venza, and CRV along with new Escape. I thought the new Escape fit me like a Mummy box. Nice for around time, but no room to move around on 300 mile trips. The new Highlander was big! The Venza, expensive and ridiculous 20" wheels. CRV the seats don't suit me and she felt it wasn't substantial. So what do we do... look for a new used "old style" Escape. This Merc was priced better, has some toys like phone interface and the "jukebox" and "nav" that seems to work well.

Ride is very quite and a little more dampened than the 2005 AWD V6 Escape we like well enough. Climate control works well. I hope this is another of my nice trouble free used rides. Here in Indiana we have a sliding excise tax... so a 2013 car that cost more would cost about $800 over three years to plate in addition to the 7% sales tax... so this little Merc has me thrilled financially, spend the money on a road trip. It takes E85... I know the price / milage decrease may be a wash, but at least I have options, and I keep most cars 8 years so options are nice.

Mercury is gone... and I agree it should be. The vents on the dash are a little odd. I don't need colored ambient lighting, but at least I can turn it off. I suggest that all automakers to stop following trends that are self-induced. Venza has ridiculous 20" wheels, Highlander is bloated. This Escape clone is "just right" as size. Wife also didn't like the Edge, or New Explorer, perhaps we are odd, I'd be happier if they still built a chunky rugged truck like Escape. Anyway going to drive this Merc clone for a while, hope it's as reliable and trouble free as the 2005 Escape.

First time Mercury Owner
By mariner10

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used a few weeks ago and I am very pleased. It is almost 3 years old at this point but only had 11,000 miles on it. It's smaller than the Oldsmobile Bravada I used to have. I am pleased with the gas mileage (28.4) on the highway. I could whine about a few minor things but there is no point. Overall, I really like this vehicle.

Bluetooth, heated seats

2010 Mariner 6 Cyl FWD
By roth45

2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

.Excellent drv & pass frt seats. I am 6'4" and fit well in either. Good back support. Back seats average. . Good Suspension - Great ride for short WB. . 6 cyl (240 HP) very strong running. . Have 18.5K miles so far - no mech issues. . Sunroof had major wind noise when open. Weather Tech deflector solved it. Easy Install. . Mileage 25-28 MPG at 65-70 MPH highway. 22-25 Suburban /city driving. . Max roof rack bar separation is marginal at 30"- could have been easily designed to have 36". . Installed 2" Curt Rec Hitch- medium effort.

Not a Mountaineer
By tootz

2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got this vehicle after driving a Mountaineer for 6 years. The Mariner was a little disappointing-comparitvely speaking. I got a great deal on it however. Gas mileage is OK, comfort is OK, but the drive is noisey at best. And, while I did get the 'flex fuel' model, there is no flex fuel to be found in my area of the country - what is the point?

The price, sync, sun roof, and the sound system.

quieter ride, better gas mileage, heating control on stearing wheel.

OK
By jtr

2010 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the vehicle and got an incredible deal. Not as comfortable as I would like. Great mileage, some wind noise. Wished the seat went further back

Gas mileage, AWD

drivers seat was wider and went back farther