2008 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Another great vehicle!
By smt921 on 08/21/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Mariner and I could not be happier. I previously had a 2005. The slight changes made to this model have been well appreciated. Love that the base price came down as well.

Great Work Car!
By T-Man on 07/24/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Lincoln Mark LT for my Mercury Mariner to get better gas mileage to and from work. For a small SUV, I am impressed with the room and amenities provided. Stepping down to the Mercury, I still opted for leather, moon roof, and six disk CD.

4 cyl Mariner runs great
By Joe on 07/21/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Took delivery in March. In mostly suburban driving we are getting 22.5 mpg. Highway 27 mpg. This in northern New Jersey with AWD. 7500 miles so far and no issues. You have to push the car to get it to perform at times. But I expect that with only 153 hp. Cruises at 85-90 no problem at all. We have the convenience package which is the not loaded version. But includes 6 cd, sunroof etc. nicley packaged.

Love it
By ann on 07/12/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Love driving it!!! It's a smooth ride and I love the size of the vehicle. It's a sharp looking car!

What a Great Vehicle
By Fred on 06/16/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I went to purchase this vehicle I wanted everything on it and I got it. I love almost everything about it. I like that is looks way more expensive than what it actually cost. Its classy. the interior is great too. I have plenty of room to take my friends/family along. I feel very safe when driving this vehicle.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Chris on 05/23/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the new Mariner. Rides great. I4 is kind of loud, but it's okay. Huge moonroof! Ride quality is great. Great looking, awesome stereo. Excellent price for what you get.

Don't Plan On Hanging Up Your Clothes !!
By Country on 04/25/08 03:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Mercury has not designed the mariner for folks who like to travel. Too much daytime glare on the instrument panels and poor lighting contrast will leave you squinting to see the temperatures and your fuel economy indicators. Mercury's engineers left out all the interior entry & exit assist handles that made our mountaineer a delight to use. They claim it's the side curtain airbags, but sit in a side air bag equipped, top of the line Lincoln and you'll see plenty of handles to hang a clothes travel rod on. One stinking little pull out hook that will only hold 5 shirt hangers doesn't cut it !

2008 Mariner Premier FWD
By marshismellow on 03/24/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start off by saying that I have never owned an SUV. Let me also say that my two previous automobiles were a Mercedes C240 and a BMW 325i. I have been incredibly pleased with my Mariner since purchasing it. I love the styling, I have all of the same options that I had in my luxury sedans (heated seats, moon roof, CD players, power everything). I actually have a few more options on my Mariner Premier that I didn't have on the luxury sedans (heated mirrors). The Mariner is fun to drive and extrememly roomy inside. It feels big but is actually shorter in lenght and width than my Mercedes was. I researched the hybrids, but for the lease rate I received I couldn't pass this up. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd own a Mercury, but it's elegant, stylish, and a better value.

I Love my Mariner
By Tom on 03/15/08 07:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Chevy S-10 pickup. I love the features of the Moon and Tune package. The V6 has plenty of power and for two weeks the average gas mileage is 22mpg with mixed driving. The price/value is among the best values on the market. This is my first SUV and my wife likes driving it.

Considering a second one
By padriver on 02/14/08 05:13 AM (PST)

2008 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got my Mariner in November 2007 to replace my old Explorer. Was a little nervous about getting a smaller SUV as I am 6'00 and 200+ but wanted better gas mileage. Great move. The Mariner thus far has been fantastic. (3000 + miles in)Comfortable, fun to drive and I'm getting 20 mpg which I consider great as I tend to fly on the interstate. My wife recently drove this for a few days due to bad weather and now we are seriously considering getting another one for her. She never had an SUV and didn't think she would like one but I had to wrestle the keys off her to get my vehicle back! Mercury did this one right! Also there are less Mariners out there than Escapes so it still looks more unique.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.