2008 Mercury Mariner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Excellent after 100,000 miles
By shihchi on 06/22/13 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Mariner new in June 2008, trading in an '02 Escape w/ 150,000 miles on it. Now at 100,000 miles, the Mariner has had no problems. Avg. 26-29 mpg. "Hassle" of folding down back seats is nonexistent: requires 30 seconds. No big deal. Replaced noisy OEM Continental tires with Goodyear Assurance tires, and little, if any, road noise can be heard. Like the leather seats and moonroof. 1st gen. 4-cylinder, 4-spd auto trans. work well; I don't miss additional cubes or gears. Pop-open rear window very handy. Upscale ambience nice. Never experienced trans.-coolant leakage; recalled before any problems experienced. Seats very comfortable for all-day drives between Dallas and St. Louis.

Love this small SUV
By NewMercuryowner on 12/11/08 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my huge Yukon for this Mariner. The gas prices were killing us, so we did our research. I love how much easier this is to drive! My case is different though, after paying one note on it, got rear ended and was nearly totaled.

Outstanding
By James on 10/30/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Mariner with 5mi on the odometer. Drove it off the lot and was very impressed with the power that the I4 motor has. I used to drive a 4cyl Honda CR-V and it didn't have the power my Mariner has. For the price I paid, the amenities you get (i.e. leather steering wheel, 6-disc changer, etc...) are well worth the purchase.

MercuryMan
By MercuryMan on 09/09/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! I bought this little SUV for my wife's daily driver, and I love the thing. She can't keep me out of this thing. It gets 29mpg highway and 22+ in city driving. I never travel with a hang up bag so I didn't even notice the lack of hangers in the rear. The seats are firm and comfortable. My wife opted for the Redfire exterior and stone cloth interior. I about gagged when she said tht was her preference. We owned a Mitsubushi Montero that I also liked and prior to that we owned a Toyota 4 Runner, both were excellent vehicles but the love was not there. By the way my spouse loves her Mariner as well. She just has a hard time getting behind the wheel of this great little SUV.

Great Work Car!
By T-Man on 07/24/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Lincoln Mark LT for my Mercury Mariner to get better gas mileage to and from work. For a small SUV, I am impressed with the room and amenities provided. Stepping down to the Mercury, I still opted for leather, moon roof, and six disk CD.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Chris on 05/23/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the new Mariner. Rides great. I4 is kind of loud, but it's okay. Huge moonroof! Ride quality is great. Great looking, awesome stereo. Excellent price for what you get.

Great Buy!
By Steve on 09/03/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

First off, Mercury has hit the jackpot! I drove the '07 Toyota Rav 4 and for a 6' tall guy, very uncomfortable! (Plus, not very manly!) The Mariner is just a great SUV that gets pretty good gas mileage. I've averaged 27 hwy and 24 city. The construction is great too! All car manufacturers are going with a lot of plastic and we all know it. But the interior is very nicely put together. Try the Rav 4 first and then drive the Mariner... you'll see the difference!

So far, So good...
By SC on 06/18/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Mariner SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

While I've only owned this car for about one month, I've already hit my first 1000 and love it. It's not a V- 6, but the ride power doesn't feel much different than my previous suv, which was 6 cylinder. So far, this purchase has been well worth it. I've gotten several compliments on the look of this vehicle and my friends who have ridden in it compliment on the smoothness of the ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.