The Good The Bad & The Ugly
By gtsfreak on
2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this car used with 30K + miles on it from local Ford dealer. Although it has run pretty good for two years, I am now experiencing ABS light problem, but I'm getting ahead of myself. This V-6 is extremely responsive. It fires up every morning... almost revs too much. Makes me wonder if the idle speed is set too high. But she's a mad banshee on the road. Smooth transmission. Seats are comfortable. Interior knobs and features are ok. Some things about this car are bizarre. (e.g. two ways to turn off heat controls. Cannot control direction of air conditioner - It comes out every where! What's with that? Intermittent wiper decal diagrams are reversed.) Audio - OK. Brakes - suspect.
Favorite Features
Performance: Good pick-up, engine is extremely responsive. Love that part of my Mariner. Underbody carriage. More clearance underneath than most other SUVs in its class. Don't have to worry about running over roadkill, snow chunks, etc. Comfortable ride with good support, so not overly cushy. Tough SUV that can handle dangerous Milwaukee potholes.
Suggested Improvements
One disturbing thing about my Mariner is its interior cloth. I have a light cloth interior. However, if you ever get any liquid on, even something as harmless as water, it'll leave a stain and ring mark. Something I find unacceptable -- and incredulous! Interior controls and how they function could be vastly improved.