Great Small SUV
By Stephen from CT on
2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I had been considering the Mariner for about six months now, comparing it intensly to the Ford Escape and the Honda CR-V. But then my son had said he stopped by our local Lincoln Mercury dealer and said they had one fully loaded V-6 with AWD left. AS it turned out, I bought the car the next day. Great Handling SUV, handles much like a car and is easier to maneuver in parking than my Chevrolet Impala. The interior is very tastefully done and I love the 6-disc CD Changer and the Audiophile sound system. Rides very comfortably and the V-6 is deceptively fast. You quickly find yourself speeding in this vehicle mostly because the engine doesn't rev that hard to get up to speed.
Favorite Features
Sharp handling, It's loaded with all the safety features. rear seats are easily folded for better access to cargo area. Sound System has been fun so far.
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel adjustments don't have enough variation. My knees sometimes hit the bottom of the column. Also my legs scrape the running boards getting out of the car which is a little annoying. Haven't had the car long enough to have a reliable figure on the fuel economy. Hoping for decent mileage.