Used 2007 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercury Mariner

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

The Good The Bad & The Ugly
By gtsfreak

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 30K + miles on it from local Ford dealer. Although it has run pretty good for two years, I am now experiencing ABS light problem, but I'm getting ahead of myself. This V-6 is extremely responsive. It fires up every morning... almost revs too much. Makes me wonder if the idle speed is set too high. But she's a mad banshee on the road. Smooth transmission. Seats are comfortable. Interior knobs and features are ok. Some things about this car are bizarre. (e.g. two ways to turn off heat controls. Cannot control direction of air conditioner - It comes out every where! What's with that? Intermittent wiper decal diagrams are reversed.) Audio - OK. Brakes - suspect.

Favorite Features

Performance: Good pick-up, engine is extremely responsive. Love that part of my Mariner. Underbody carriage. More clearance underneath than most other SUVs in its class. Don't have to worry about running over roadkill, snow chunks, etc. Comfortable ride with good support, so not overly cushy. Tough SUV that can handle dangerous Milwaukee potholes.

Suggested Improvements

One disturbing thing about my Mariner is its interior cloth. I have a light cloth interior. However, if you ever get any liquid on, even something as harmless as water, it'll leave a stain and ring mark. Something I find unacceptable -- and incredulous! Interior controls and how they function could be vastly improved.

Noises
By Mike

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice little SUV to drive but the road noise gets on my nerves. Dealer tried new tires but they did little or nothing to help the problem. Also was surprised at the disappointing mileage. The readout states 19.5 mpg while city driving but the gas tank sure seems to empty fast.

Favorite Features

Interior space and exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats need to fold all the way down. Better gas mileage and alot less road noise.

First SUV and love it
By Mercury

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Its my first SUV and I think I made the right choice. We looked at alot and ended up choosing the Mercury. I love it. I've only had it 2 months but we had alot of snow in those 2 months and it handles great. Which is one of the reasons I wanted 4WD. I haven't had any problems at all with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

I love the heated leather seats in the winter!! The 4WD is great. I work in healthcare and no matter how much snow I have to go to work. We got 12 inch of snow like 2 days after I bought the vehicle and I had no problems getting to work. Start and stop was perfect. I also love the stereo sytem.

Suggested Improvements

The gas milage could be better.

Couldn't ask for more
By Ashley

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sadly, I only had my Mariner for 3 months when I was in an accident and totaled it. Luckily, I walked away with no injuries, which is why I will be purchasing one again. I've never felt more safe in this vehicle. Very comfortable and smooth ride. I loved the extra's: Reverse Assistance, information system, stock AMP, heated leather seats, moonroof, keyless entry.

Favorite Features

AWD, remove-able cup holders, premium sound system. The SUV has great get-up-and-go, and is very easy to drive, in any road condition. The back seats fold down with little effort, and the headlights/fog lights were great!

Suggested Improvements

Thermostat controls on the heated seats. AUX input. Better MPG, but with a V6, 20 MPG isn't too bad.

This little thing goes
By mercqwerty

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one great little SUV. Roomy inside, comfortable and really fun to drive. The AWD goes great in the snow. This Mercury is reliable as sin.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

A liite buzzy under full throttle, the rear cup holder in the console is unusable unless you leave the armrest up, the autolocking doors should autounlock when you put in in park and turn the key off.