2007 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
The Good The Bad & The Ugly
By gtsfreak on 03/03/13 18:52 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 30K + miles on it from local Ford dealer. Although it has run pretty good for two years, I am now experiencing ABS light problem, but I'm getting ahead of myself. This V-6 is extremely responsive. It fires up every morning... almost revs too much. Makes me wonder if the idle speed is set too high. But she's a mad banshee on the road. Smooth transmission. Seats are comfortable. Interior knobs and features are ok. Some things about this car are bizarre. (e.g. two ways to turn off heat controls. Cannot control direction of air conditioner - It comes out every where! What's with that? Intermittent wiper decal diagrams are reversed.) Audio - OK. Brakes - suspect.

Noises
By Mike on 05/13/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice little SUV to drive but the road noise gets on my nerves. Dealer tried new tires but they did little or nothing to help the problem. Also was surprised at the disappointing mileage. The readout states 19.5 mpg while city driving but the gas tank sure seems to empty fast.

First SUV and love it
By Mercury on 02/07/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Its my first SUV and I think I made the right choice. We looked at alot and ended up choosing the Mercury. I love it. I've only had it 2 months but we had alot of snow in those 2 months and it handles great. Which is one of the reasons I wanted 4WD. I haven't had any problems at all with the vehicle.

Couldn't ask for more
By Ashley on 12/14/08 14:44 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sadly, I only had my Mariner for 3 months when I was in an accident and totaled it. Luckily, I walked away with no injuries, which is why I will be purchasing one again. I've never felt more safe in this vehicle. Very comfortable and smooth ride. I loved the extra's: Reverse Assistance, information system, stock AMP, heated leather seats, moonroof, keyless entry.

This little thing goes
By mercqwerty on 10/04/08 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one great little SUV. Roomy inside, comfortable and really fun to drive. The AWD goes great in the snow. This Mercury is reliable as sin.

Drip, Drip, Drip...but oh well I love it
By aingel on 06/02/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first time buying an SUV. Good gas mileage, fun to drive. I bought the black with the black/cream interior. Although it looks sharp, I imagine it will be tough to keep clean even without kids. Roomy, and easy to manuever.

My 2007 Mercury Mariner
By Bradley on 04/29/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car for over a year and am still happy with it. I enjoy the driving, even with a 4cyl it has enough pep for me. Average about 24mpg (better then a 6cyl). Great interior room, have been able to carry just about everything from my mountain bike to a big screen TV. Like the exterior design better then the 2008 model. The interior looks great, not as many features as the 08. Overall a great car!!

2007 Mercury Marineer
By Charles McCoin on 02/29/08 11:05 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wiper control Switch is a little confusing and takes a while to get used to. Light switch controls are clumsy. Other than these this seems to be a good comfortable vehicle. It would help if it had heated mirrors to keep ice off the mirrors.

07 Mariner
By Derr on 01/16/08 08:54 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good visibility, good adjustably seats, no problems, peppy, good brakes, good cargo space for small SUV, tight turning radius, parks easily, good stereo, better than my former 2004 Toyota RAV4.

Great Value and Style
By PJ on 02/15/07 13:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Mariner. I handles better than a larger SUV, feels peppy and stylish. Perfect for trips with the family (and large dog).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.