Used 2006 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

listen up!!
By Hans P.

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a Dodge Ram pickup for 5 yrs. After all this gas price scam the American public was falling victim to I finally bought a car that is easy on my wallet. The Mariner rides great and handles well. The gas mileage is a litle less than advertised. But that depends on ones drivng habits. The only thing I didnt really like was that looking out the rear view mirror is a challege due to the rear seat headrests are in the way. Sooooo I was able to remove them and the rear view is much better.It has a great sound system with a 6 CD changer.

handles well, easy to park (after driving a pickup truck), good acceleration....gotta get the v-6

Rear seat headrest location. Improve gas mileage. (why is gas mileage always less than stated but never more?)

It's Okay
By EP

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had our Mariner for 5 months and it's okay. I'm tall and I have plenty of head and leg room. The exterior looks great, and it does good on poor road conditions. However, the back latch went out after only 3,000 miles...not impressive. The center console is structurally weak. If I push it from the side a little, it will deflect and creak. You must memorize the cruise control buttons if you use them at night because they are not lighted. Overall, it is a good looking car with poor quality.

Good looking exterior and comfortable

The instrument cluster is too small, and the needles are too short and stubby. There is no light on the cruise control buttons. There is no light under the hood. The center console is very weak. Back latch went out only after 3,000 miles!!!

Fun and comfortable to drive
By Angela

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd murcury and from coming out of the Monterey to the Mairiner there is a world of difference. It drives more like a car and handles like one too...and did I mention comfort! We have the premier with the leather and leather heated seats and I totally recommend it. The gas mileage isn't all that bad, we are getting 18 mpg in the city which actually is the same that we were getting with a mini-van. I totally recommend this suv.

Sun roof, heated leather seats and in dash chander

Temperature gauge, vents for the rear seats and electrical pedal control like you had in the Sable LS for us shorter women.

Update for Our 2006 Mariner
By NZ

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mariner has been a very practical vehicle with its roominess and reliability. We already have 16,000 miles on it and we're finding that the more miles it has on it, the worse road noise gets. Also, there's not many places to store things. There's two small overhead bins, a small in- console "cubby", and two cupholders up front. It's an average vehicle. I'm sure there are better alternatives.

Two-tones leather seats, leg room up front, roominess, two power plug in things up front, and auto head lamps.

Make the seat heater buttons on the console and not where you can bump it near the floor when you get in; more rim choices and sizes; make interior more quiet; and if your trying to make the interior look luxurious, don't but in fake metallic trim and wood. Also, offer a brown wood.

2006 Mercury Mariner
By Peggy

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best deal on a vehicle all the way around. I commute 3-4 hours per day and didn't feel safe on the freeways in my 4-cylinder. This car was top on the safety list for it's class and I can see why. It's sturdy, not too big, has a luxury interior, and good options. Handles well in traffic. I looked at the Ford Escape which uses the same body, but the interior was very cheap, using plastic instead of chrome for the buttons and console areas. The fact that I got it loaded for 0% interest and $1,000 rebate made my purchase even sweeter.

Moon roof, satellite digital radio, 6 CD changer, good air conditioning, seats are high enough to get in comfortably.

More body colors. Mercury basically offered black, white, brown, red (which no one could find), and several shades of silver. Would like to see more colors! Also get rid of the black & white seats! They are ugly and look like something you'd find on a sports car in the 60's.