2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Fun & Secure
By Jeanne Compagnone on 01/05/06 15:26 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really feel secure in the SUV. It's a fun car to drive and extremely easy to handle. Makes great turns, seems to hug the road. Added heated seats and rear-sensor monitor.

Buy it!
By DOOBDOO on 01/03/06 09:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have a 2005 Equinox & just got the 2006 Mariner. Go for the Merc. The Noxi has electronic steering (no fluid) that makes it handle like the Queen Mary in a turn - no feel whatsoever. The Mariner is a luxury car that is fun to drive. I am coming out of an Aviator and 19 mpg Mariner city driving is doubling what I got, so the fuel economy suits me fine. No built in "Ford rattle" - you can see foam inserts in the door jambs in addition to gaskets to eliminate noise. Just finished after Christmas shopping and put two 6' X 2'boxes in the back with lots of room to spare for the shopping bags. Comfortable, too.

My Mercury
By Mike on 11/14/05 23:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Not a bad SUV except for the lack of outside temp and reading lights for passengers. This unit is the first Ford product I have ever owned and I am not sure it is not the last. I traded in a 2005 Equinox for it and am not sure it was a good trade. The equinox outside temp. and reading lights for the passengers also more room and easier to get in and out of. The flat floor pan made getting in and out easy. Did not like the Contential tires that came on it either. They were noisy and road hard.

Not my best choice
By Lyn on 11/09/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3 months have passed since I bought my new Mercury Mariner. Not especially crazy about the vehicle. Somethings may not seem important but it is the little things that count. Do not like the hidden ignition. Very hard to find since there is no light to help find it, especially in a black interior car. I will put glow in the dark nail polish on the rim of the ignition. No lite under the hood. Car is very noisy. Could have used some sound insulation in the body of the car. The biggest problem I have had is the front end pulling to the left. Have taken it in 3 times. Have heard others with the same dangerous problem. Would I buy again? No!

Run-A-Bout
By Mike Focar on 10/11/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great for local driving, has a lot of pep, a great size and handles well. On the highway however, it's another story. You feel the limits of it's V6. It churns and grinds when you try to get it up to speed quickly. But once up to speed it's fine. I am very disappointed in the Malano's lack of mid-range power.

Love the Mariner
By R. Vondenberger on 10/07/05 05:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever driven. It handles very easy. Very comfortable. Room enough for family and has room for lots of things. It has alot of power. Love driving it. Looks are excellent size is perfect.

Mercury Mariner
By Debbie A. on 09/21/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice exterior - I have the red with the beige interior (would have been much better if gray interior was offered), handles well,

Great Price Near Luxury - Power ?s
By vanz73 on 09/06/05 08:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A good choice for someone who wants a nice vehicle at a very reasonable price-a good small SUV for the city driver. I would not recommend if you are a driver who likes a little power in reserve for maneuvering - this vehicle picks bad times to disappoint on the power curve (i.e. changing lanes or making left turns between traffic). I figure Ill learn the how to get the most from the CVT transmission, but performance is lacking for a people who know how to drive. Still a good family vehicle, sturdy, and overall nice to drive (exception noted). Well keep it because overall for the price we got a lot of vehicle compared to Toyota Highlander, RAV4, Nissan Murano, etc.

Love My Mariner
By Manitoba424 on 08/22/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have owned. I love the luxurious feel of the interior. It feels like I'm in an upscale SUV and it's a Mercury! I have had an Escape and the Mariner is so much nicer. I can't say enough good things about this car. The V6 has loads of power. My only drawback is the gas mileage - but it's an SUV so what do you expect?!

Awesome !
By Sue on 08/05/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great little SUV. Terrific pick-up and handling. I traded in a Mercedes for this and have no regrets. Elegant styling and trim. Gorgeous, luxe, comfy leather interior. Rich exterior colors - - had trouble deciding on which one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.