2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
I Love it!!
By Rice on 03/19/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased my Mariner and absolutely love it! I have the Premier model with all the toys. Can't wait for warmer weather to use the sun roof. I did alot of research and drove several different vehicles upon making my decision. Same gas mileage as the van I traded in so no real complaints there either.

Excellent midsize SUV
By Noel on 03/19/06 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Dodge Dakota and a PT Cruiser in for the Mercury and am completely satisfied. It handles like a sports sedan, gets reasonable mileage, and is very comfortable. It is one of the few SUV's that include crossbars on the roof rack

Classy little truck, don't pass it up
By Chuck on 03/15/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall impression: The exterior of this truck is outstanding.The front and rear fascia make this vehicle classy. Mercury did a great job separating this from the Escape. The interior is equally impressive. The black leather with tan suede inserts steals the show. Truck drives very well, very comfortable, only detractors are tire/driveline noise but it's not too bad. You really won't hear it since you will have the mach 360 stereo turned up! Gas mileage is not up to par, hopefully it will improve with more miles on it (averaging 17 mpg city so far).

A Dream come true
By Branka on 03/11/06 06:57 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is like a dream come true.. I love it... after couple of mini-vans and such a disappointment in Mazda Tribute this is the car I will lease again and again. Easy to drive, very strong engine, comfortable seats... Love the warming seats option... works miracle on my back pain.. has two power outlets... no more fight who will charge the phone first.. or you can use one for phone and other for computer. Huge cargo area...

Great Car
By L Fitt on 02/24/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned the vehicle for almost 6 months with not a single instance of a problem. It is a uiet and the ride is great for a smaller SUV. Owned a Mercury Grand Marquis before and we enjoy this car a much as the other one. Wish the fuel mileage was better on our 4-cylinder engine, but it is pretty quiet and responsive.

Love My New Truck!!!!
By LaChellelv on 02/15/06 23:03 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've always wanted a truck, but didn't want to feel like I was driving a boat!! My Mariner is just PERFECT for people starting out with a truck. I love almost everything about it. Gas mileage could be better, but hey its a truck so you really can't expect a lot! Its sporty and stylish!!!! Real cute :o)

Great Vehicle!
By C. Caban on 02/15/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Mariner for about 2 weeks now. I traded a Malibu for it. I love how high I sit and how well I can reach the dash and all my accessories easily. I love how well it handles. I drive highways and when I put it on cruise control my gas mileage gets better. I am running considerably lower than what the sticker says, but it will take it a while to break it in. I love the modern design inside and outside. The chrome accents make me want to sing the country song. LOL. Fun SUV and overall really great!

I love the Mariner
By twake26 on 01/27/06 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the Mariner for approximately a month now and I love it. I really like the sound system and how high you sit up. I traded in my 03 Mazda Protege 5. The gas mileage is worse, but I knew going from a wagon to this, it wasn't going to get better, so the MPG doesn't bother me. I like how everything is in reach for me and I like how you have to outlets for cell phones, cigarette lighters, etc. The storage compartments could have been a little bigger. I liked the cloth on the seats. The two-tone is very eye-catching.I also love the chrome on the Mariner. Adds a bit of class.

Nice small SUV for the price
By Noel on 01/26/06 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A comfortable small SUV with great traction in the snow. It performs well and has good around town MPG

mariner value
By Ron W on 01/08/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We love this vehicle. My wife actually picked it out. I've used it to haul cargo with back seats folded down and was amazed at the room inside. Although it is still quite new so gas mileage probably isn't correct yet, it seems to do very very well on a gallon of gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.