2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
My best car I ever owned
By RichardTanner on 05/31/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the color of my Mariner. I also like the high clearance below me as I go where other cars scrap. My car seems to also hold the road easily. I hope to have it for a long time. I wish this car would have been made before .My last Mercury was a villager.I liked it too. The sound system is really great as I don't ever remember a better radio/CD player in previous cars.We are planning a long trip this summer in the Mariner. Richard

Best small SUV
By Sarah on 05/31/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I shopped all around and almost bought a Jeep, and now looking back I'm so glad that didn't work out! I tend to have a short liking to car and always look for change, but I love this SUV! It has great space, fuel is alright (after all it is a SUV) the only thing I would change is that there is no thermostat in the control center. Other than that I tell everyone to buy one!

My Mariner, A Classic on its Own!!!!!!!!
By Ev on 05/26/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Mercury Mariner is like the Ford Escape but with jewelry on it! The driving & steering are phenomenal. My Mariner hugs the roads & I could hardly feel it sway when making turns. The interior is very classy! One hardly has to press on the accelerator on my V6 without feeling its power. The seats are very comfortable & I like the fact that the back seats are higher than the front, making visibility for my back passengers easier. The moonroof is quite large. I do not like driving through heavy rain but I never felt so secure driving my Mariner through a rainstorm that I am confident she could securely drive through any weather conditions! My Lt. Tundra Mariner has everyone turning!

2006 Mariner a real joy to own
By K-Shizzle on 05/25/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A true joy of a car to own and drive. A real plus is the fact that you'll see 50 Escapes to your 1 Mariner. All Escape owners shirk as they notice the classy styling of the upgraded Mariner.

2006 Mariner Premier
By M on 05/24/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drives nice, will be even better when the dealership can balance the tires so that the tire warning will go off and the wheel won't shimmy at 55 mph

Cool
By Chris on 05/06/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth Quite ride. I test drove the 2006 Rav and CRV and found the Mariner to be much more luxurious than others.

New to SUV's
By Debi on 04/20/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Lexus SC400 for the past eight years. After buying a home on a hill and realizing I could not haul anything for the house in my car and when it snowed my car was useless - I decided it was time to go the SUV route. Reluctant as I was, I am very happy with my choice of the Mercury Mariner. So far, I am enjoying the look and feel of the Mariner, the attention to detail in the exterior and interior. The SUV feels very solid and has a smooth ride. I am looking forward to the handling of the Mariner in the Seattle rain and snow.

What A Great Small SUV
By Greg in Texas on 04/20/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mariner has been a wonderful surpise the first year of ownership. The ride is smooth and being over 6'4" I can sit in comfort and not feel all cramped in. The Mach stereo system is fantastic and all the controls are at my finger tip. the vehicle has been wonderful on trips to Kansas City to watch Chiefs football games. The gas milage is averaging 23-24 mpg.

Love It
By Crnpeach on 03/29/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 10 yrs with a mini-van I did not want to move down to a car or up to a large SUV. Then I saw the Mercury Mariner. I love the looks inside and out, the solid color and chrome add a nice touch, no black molding to worry about. Handles great and picks up speed nicely. The Mariner was in the right price range for me. So far so good.

Love My Mariner
By Dan on 03/22/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice ride. mpg not the best but what do you expect with AWD would like to try the Hybrid next time

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.