2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
listen up!!
By Hans P. on 09/10/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a Dodge Ram pickup for 5 yrs. After all this gas price scam the American public was falling victim to I finally bought a car that is easy on my wallet. The Mariner rides great and handles well. The gas mileage is a litle less than advertised. But that depends on ones drivng habits. The only thing I didnt really like was that looking out the rear view mirror is a challege due to the rear seat headrests are in the way. Sooooo I was able to remove them and the rear view is much better.It has a great sound system with a 6 CD changer.

It's Okay
By EP on 09/09/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had our Mariner for 5 months and it's okay. I'm tall and I have plenty of head and leg room. The exterior looks great, and it does good on poor road conditions. However, the back latch went out after only 3,000 miles...not impressive. The center console is structurally weak. If I push it from the side a little, it will deflect and creak. You must memorize the cruise control buttons if you use them at night because they are not lighted. Overall, it is a good looking car with poor quality.

Fun and comfortable to drive
By Angela on 08/17/06 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd murcury and from coming out of the Monterey to the Mairiner there is a world of difference. It drives more like a car and handles like one too...and did I mention comfort! We have the premier with the leather and leather heated seats and I totally recommend it. The gas mileage isn't all that bad, we are getting 18 mpg in the city which actually is the same that we were getting with a mini-van. I totally recommend this suv.

Update for Our 2006 Mariner
By NZ on 08/10/06 22:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mariner has been a very practical vehicle with its roominess and reliability. We already have 16,000 miles on it and we're finding that the more miles it has on it, the worse road noise gets. Also, there's not many places to store things. There's two small overhead bins, a small in- console "cubby", and two cupholders up front. It's an average vehicle. I'm sure there are better alternatives.

2006 Mercury Mariner
By Peggy on 07/24/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best deal on a vehicle all the way around. I commute 3-4 hours per day and didn't feel safe on the freeways in my 4-cylinder. This car was top on the safety list for it's class and I can see why. It's sturdy, not too big, has a luxury interior, and good options. Handles well in traffic. I looked at the Ford Escape which uses the same body, but the interior was very cheap, using plastic instead of chrome for the buttons and console areas. The fact that I got it loaded for 0% interest and $1,000 rebate made my purchase even sweeter.

Peacock Process
By Peacock on 07/23/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like everything about this car, except the mileage. Wish that I had bought a hybrid, as I'm doing a lot of driving. I was told that it would pay for itself, but the cost of gasoline has risen dramatically since I bought this car, and I'm reconsidering my choice of car. 20 - 22 mpg in town, and 22-24 mpg on the road.

Not the Best, but Good
By NZ on 06/25/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Mercury Mariner is a good SUV. We've had no problems with it in our 3 months of having it. It's fun to drive and is comfortable for its price tag. It has okay fuel economy (there's other small SUVs with better fuel economy). We get about 20 miles per gallon overall. I am very happy with the interior room it has. I've been in a Jeep Liberty and I love the fact that I can stretch out more in the Mariner. The leather seats are firm, but can be irritating at times. The Mariner is a nice affordable small SUV. If your in the market for a small SUV, look at this one!

A lot of car for the buck
By lvnorte on 06/22/06 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife recently wanted a every day small SUV that got good gas mileage She looked at all of the small SUV's in the market including the BMW X3. She was thinking about a Ford Escape and one look at the Mercury Mariner changed all of that. For the price difference which is not much the Mariner has many extra features that make it much more luxurious. Trading from a 740i BMW was a difficult choice, however the premier Mariner was what mife decided she wanted and she has not been disappointed. The vehicle is nice to look at has good performance and economy

Great CUV for the price and package
By TPATRO on 06/11/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this CUV. Drives great like a car. Have not any single issue so far. I also have an aftermarket Navigation system. Can't ask for anyhting better!

My first suv
By NEIL THE THRILL on 05/31/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drove to delray beach about 700 mi. And 12 hr in the seat the mariner was a pleasure to drive. The mileage was 27 mi per gallon .The four cylinder engine had plenty of power running on the turnpike at 70 or 80.This little suv offers more for the money than the imports.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.