2006 Mercury Mariner Consumer Review: 3rd Car I've Owned and Best Ye

2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Review

Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

3rd Car I've Owned and Best Yet!
By Elmz11 on

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a 21 year old commuter student going to college full-time, I needed to trade up to an SUV after getting stuck in the snow numerous times in my 05 Hyundai Elantra. I was weary about buying a used vehicle (seeing that I bought my first car brand new) but I LOVE THIS SUV!! I ditched the JUNK Continental tires that all these Escapes and Mariners come with from the factory and got Michelin Cross Terrain's put on. Night and Day! Get compliments on the interior all the time (two-tone black and creme). Average 19-20 mpg in mostly highway driving and it does have some power behind it. Have put on 19,000 miles in just 8 months and it has been rock solid! (now at 57,000 miles)

Interior design which is far nicer then the Escape's, Stereo with 6 speakers is great, Pretty good on gas. Excellent in snow, NEPA got slammed with a foot of snow and this thing plowed right through it!

Engine noise and more padding in the seats! Side Note: Take care of your vehicle (oil every 3k, transmission fluid and fuel filter every 20K) and your vehicle WILL last!! Maintenance is KEY!!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review