Used 2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Still Rolling Along @ 371,538 Miles
By Bill W

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am the original owner of my 2006 Mercury Mariner SUV (4 Cylinder / 4WD). I purchased it brand new back in 2006. It has been my daily driver to and from work, I drive 92 miles each way in good weather and bad weather. I wanted to share my feelings, this has got to be the BEST VEHICLE that I ever purchased. I am very proactive on maintaining my vehicle, I have changed the oil every 5k miles along with tire rotations, knock on wood that I have not really had anything major happen since buying it other than replacing the tires, front brakes, back brakes only 1X, the serpentine belt 1x, plugs 2x, the battery 1x, the windshield from a stone crack, the alternator 1x, wiper blades many times and the AC Compressor just died, no biggie ..... Also back in 2010 I got rear ended and I thought the insurance company would have considered it a total loss, they ended up paying more for repairs that the value of the vehicle, crazy ! My paint is smooth as glass and the interior is pretty much mint, I really keep it detailed all the time ! Mercury did a great job on the build on this vehicle, I would purchase another if they continued selling them, but the product line got the axe. The engine runs awesome and the transmission is perfect ! Yes, I had the fluid drained from the tranny 2x, no pressure flush, just a drain and fill, same with radiator, no pressure flush, just drain and fill, fluids always look clean. Thank You, Mercury !

Big disappointment
By bill

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It's like driving a basketball, mileage isn't what it supposed to get and a typical Ford with brakes. I can't wait to give it back.

It is such a bad ride the ground outside when you get out. Its a relief to get out of it.

Suspension, brakes, remote and seat belts

Peacock Process
By Peacock

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like everything about this car, except the mileage. Wish that I had bought a hybrid, as I'm doing a lot of driving. I was told that it would pay for itself, but the cost of gasoline has risen dramatically since I bought this car, and I'm reconsidering my choice of car. 20 - 22 mpg in town, and 22-24 mpg on the road.

My first suv
By NEIL THE THRILL

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drove to delray beach about 700 mi. And 12 hr in the seat the mariner was a pleasure to drive. The mileage was 27 mi per gallon .The four cylinder engine had plenty of power running on the turnpike at 70 or 80.This little suv offers more for the money than the imports.

The mariner has a short turning radius and is easy to park in a tight space.I also like the visibality the large windows have.No choped tops for me.

The cruise control needs lighted buttons .Instrument panel should be enlarged.

Great Car
By L Fitt

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned the vehicle for almost 6 months with not a single instance of a problem. It is a uiet and the ride is great for a smaller SUV. Owned a Mercury Grand Marquis before and we enjoy this car a much as the other one. Wish the fuel mileage was better on our 4-cylinder engine, but it is pretty quiet and responsive.

Quiet ride coupled with the elevated view from the front seat

I suggest that fuel efficiency versus performance be improved to a level that it would compete more effectively with GM, Honda and Toyota.