2006 Mercury Mariner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Big disappointment
By bill on 01/24/09 15:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It's like driving a basketball, mileage isn't what it supposed to get and a typical Ford with brakes. I can't wait to give it back.

Peacock Process
By Peacock on 07/23/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like everything about this car, except the mileage. Wish that I had bought a hybrid, as I'm doing a lot of driving. I was told that it would pay for itself, but the cost of gasoline has risen dramatically since I bought this car, and I'm reconsidering my choice of car. 20 - 22 mpg in town, and 22-24 mpg on the road.

My first suv
By NEIL THE THRILL on 05/31/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drove to delray beach about 700 mi. And 12 hr in the seat the mariner was a pleasure to drive. The mileage was 27 mi per gallon .The four cylinder engine had plenty of power running on the turnpike at 70 or 80.This little suv offers more for the money than the imports.

Great Car
By L Fitt on 02/24/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned the vehicle for almost 6 months with not a single instance of a problem. It is a uiet and the ride is great for a smaller SUV. Owned a Mercury Grand Marquis before and we enjoy this car a much as the other one. Wish the fuel mileage was better on our 4-cylinder engine, but it is pretty quiet and responsive.

mariner value
By Ron W on 01/08/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We love this vehicle. My wife actually picked it out. I've used it to haul cargo with back seats folded down and was amazed at the room inside. Although it is still quite new so gas mileage probably isn't correct yet, it seems to do very very well on a gallon of gas.

Love the Mariner
By R. Vondenberger on 10/07/05 05:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever driven. It handles very easy. Very comfortable. Room enough for family and has room for lots of things. It has alot of power. Love driving it. Looks are excellent size is perfect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.