Love my daily driver w/180K+
By spchambers03 on
2005 Mercury Mariner Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
we bought this feb. 06 with 7,000 miles on it, and started putting around 12k a year. strating in 08, new job, i started putting around 45-50K miles a year!(any and every weather condition you can throw at it, from bumper to bumper in the heat, to 18-30inch snow storms, and brutal -0 cold, and any type of road conditions, from interstate driving, to farm/logging roads, to putting the GREAT AWD system to use and foraging my own roads!) I currently have 182k miles and running strong, i religiously change my 5w-20 (summer months, 10w-30 winter months) Pennzoil SYNTHETIC oil every 5k miles, and FRAM extra tough filter every 10k miles. aswell as my fuel filter every 20k miles! plugs and wires
Favorite Features
have only been changed once. ( due to one of the few flaws, making this a 3 hr job just to change 6 plugs, because of location.) but for only being changed once in 180k isnt bad. somewhat noticable! I have always ran with the GoodYear Silent armour tires, Great all around tires. on and off road! i have upgradedshocks and stuts, greatride, and great on heavy payloads! Over all, This is an Amazing little SUV! Would love to be able to buy a 2012 and have the same luck, but to bad they are out of commission! : ( No big/major repairs ever needed, just normal wearand tear from high mile use! ive never felt so safe/confident in the winter months driving with the AWD system, amazing! Thank you!
Suggested Improvements
Keep in mind, i dont drive with a light foor at all! my carpet is worn from the pedal, and the rpms have been at the red many many times! it has reached the governor, i believe 106 it is, a handful of times, and the power is still right there at the high end! I am definitely impressed, most of my other vehicles have not lasted nearly this long, without an engine or tranny going atleast once. Amazinbg little buggy!!!