2005 Mercury Mariner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:
Love my daily driver w/180K+
By spchambers03 on 01/08/12 07:07 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

we bought this feb. 06 with 7,000 miles on it, and started putting around 12k a year. strating in 08, new job, i started putting around 45-50K miles a year!(any and every weather condition you can throw at it, from bumper to bumper in the heat, to 18-30inch snow storms, and brutal -0 cold, and any type of road conditions, from interstate driving, to farm/logging roads, to putting the GREAT AWD system to use and foraging my own roads!) I currently have 182k miles and running strong, i religiously change my 5w-20 (summer months, 10w-30 winter months) Pennzoil SYNTHETIC oil every 5k miles, and FRAM extra tough filter every 10k miles. aswell as my fuel filter every 20k miles! plugs and wires

Most Reliable Car Yet!
By shane52sk on 08/01/11 23:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 3 years and I can't say enough about it. I have had very few minor problems and absolutely no major problems. I am the second owner and I've had it since it had 44,000 miles. It now has 110,000. No Problems! The car drives great and I average 25mpg city driving. The car has good pick up for a 4cyl SUV. It's very comfortable and is fun and easy to drive. I have received nothing but compliments since I have owned it. If you want a vehicle that is reliable; impressive; and wows others...This is absolutely one to look at!

Noisy
By Denise on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a week ago. So far, a lot of wind noise even @ 45mph, rattling noise on passenger rear side, and it vibrates like crazy @ stoplights. Engine sounds like it's idling too high like it's ready to race. Also the windshield wipers are extremely loud!! Thumps. I took 3 months deciding if I wanted this suv or not. Wish I would have waited longer.

Best ever
By pastkg on 07/13/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Wife and I bought our 05 Mariner used only about a month and a half ago. We couldn't be happier with our purchase! bought it with 47,000 miles on it, and it preforms like new. enormous amount of room for being a small SUV. handles better than our ford focus we replaced for this. We plan to buy another Mariner (2010) when its time to say goodbye to our 05'. This SUV has all the options I could ask for and more! leather, power window, locks, seats, mirrors, heated seats, mirrors, roof mount for garage door opener & glasses, very bright visor light (great for reading & night), auto adjust rear view mirror, auto headlights, etc. This is so far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Long Term Review
By Brian on 03/31/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Premier Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In short, this has been a really pleasant vehicle for the past 5 years. This was my first SUV, I wanted something with storage but not something huge. I have a small roadster that I drive most of the summer, and every time I get back into the Mariner I'm reminded about how comfortable it is. Easy to drive & park with a very comfortable interior for short and long trips. My only problem was a radio with a defective speed sensor (which was replaced under warranty). Recommended if you're looking for a small SUV.

Mariner
By Minnesota on 07/14/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most trouble-free car I've owned. I recently checked the highway mileage and was pleased to find I was getting 27 MPG.

Love my Mariner
By debd on 04/27/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Mariner. I bought it new three years ago and I haven't had one complaint with it. I love that this SUV has a sporty look, but at the same time it's elegant. My Mariner is black with beige leather interior and it's so bueatiful. I get so many compliments on it (still after 3 years). It's big enough for 5 people to fit comfortably, yet driving it's so easy to get in and out of small spaces. I just can't say enough about this vehicle. Beleive me you will love this SUV.

My experience with the Mariner
By Kara on 08/15/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle because I wanted an SUV with decent gas mileage. I really like my Mariner, but have had a few problems with it. When I bought it, at 28K miles it still had its warranty in effect. Good thing because even though I test drove it, I hadn't noticed that there was a probem with its overdrive. I had it repaired under warranty, but soon after more problems with the trans surfaced. I had to take it back 5 months later because it was hesitating & loosing power when driving up steep hills. The entire trans had to be replaced. It has been a few months & I am noticing a clunk going into 2nd when I let off the gas. I am worried it is going bad again, the warranty is now expired.

Mariner 2005 tires!
By Bill on 07/30/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The only complaint I have and it ruins what oitherwise would be a good experience with a Ford product is the tire noise. The Continental Contirac tire's are noisy to the point of distraction and I curse them every time I drive it. Both Ford and Continental choose to egnore the problem of basically putting truck tires on this vehicle. Too bad they had a good thing going with the Mariner and let tires spoil this potential.

Good but not good enough
By Vanz73 on 05/01/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mariner SUV Convenience AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this because my old expedition would not fit into my new company garage. I wanted something small but still in the SUV range. I was initially impressed with the features of the vehicle but in time I have found this vehicle lacking. It uses way to much gas with weak acceleration. The brake rotors are so cheap I spent more than $400 getting them replaced after only 19,000 miles (yes I drive hard - that's why I drive an SUV!). I have had it in for warranty service to replace the gas tank intake and several switches (window, sunroof). My brother has the same vehicle and he likes it. For me, I am counting the days to trade it in.