Used 2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner Hybrid model:

I was surprised
By Tim

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 awd mariner hybrid for a few weeks now and am very impressed with its drivability. I did not expect the electronic boost of the engine under hard acceleration. It gives the feel of a V6 out of a 4. Interior room and quality is great, very classy design.

The hybrid electronic boost to acceleration. I can see where that would save gas as you are not going into passing gear, etc.

Only problem I had with the vehicle was an electrical switch that did not work properly, but Ford fixed it. I am a tall person, would be nice to have a two door version with larger front doors, seems like I hit the pilar on the way in. at least my gas pedal doesn't stick like toyotas, that would be bad!

I love this SUV!
By Bob

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my new 2010 Mariner Hybrid now for a couple of weeks and I have absolutely no buyer's remorse whatsoever! I love it! I'm averaging close to 34mpg (highway and street combined). The ride is smooth, great visibility, love the NAV system and sync features. "So far" ... worth every penny I spent for it!

Engine (great pep for 4 cylinders!), NAV system, layout of console, etc.

Could provide "a little more" head room (I'm close to 6'2"). Could cut down on the sound of the engine a little under hard acceleration -- but it's like a monastery compared to my old Explorer!

It's a great car!
By Jerry Keidel

2010 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've had our Mariner Hybrid for a month and absolutely love it. It rides smoothly and has plenty of pep. We get 35 MPG in all-around driving, including a fair amount of expressway. Another plus is that the car encourages good driving habits by performing best with gradual acceleration and braking. It is a great car that has exceeded our high expectations.

Our favorite feature is the screen that displays driving effeciency.

The front side passerside seat should be power operated.

• SUV