2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Consumer Review: Much Fun, Little Gas

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Much Fun, Little Gas
By JM in Killeen on

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the car just over 1 month and love the mileage I am getting. So far I am averaging 32.3 mpg overall, over 34 MPG with me driving, 29+ with my wife driving (lead foot). I was very surprised with the accereration of the hybrid system, I test drove the v6 model prior to ordering the hybrid system to see how I liked the overall car and I believe the hybrid is quicker. The passenger space is comparable to larger SUVs, but lacks cargo room for long trips. I would like to see more options, color and materials, for the interior, especially for the primere package. Satillite radio, NAV, sync are all top notch and work well. Overall, a very fun, solid SUV. Great MPG as well as performance.

SYNC, nav, and the hybrid system all perform well. Exceeded my expectations. I expected a drop off in performance due to the hybrid system, but there was none. Merge and pass without fear.

More options, specifically colors for the interior. Better interior materials, especially for the primere package. Top package should be close to the quality you get in the MKX.