2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mariner Hybrid model:
2009 Mariner Hybrid AWD
By VR on 09/13/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this for over a month now and am getting great mpg for this sized SUV. Mixed driving, getting over 31 freeway driving at 78mph, getting over 27. The navigation/audio/info system is oustanding. I've just started loading my music into the 10 gig hard drive - no more cd's or tapes to take up space. I also used a thumb drive in the usb port to play music, this also worked flawlessly. I look forward to getting a bluetooth cell phone and linking that to the sync system. There was enough space for 3 adults and two 60 pound dogs and all our luggage to drive on an 8 hour one way trip comfortably.

2009 4WD Mercury Mariner Hybrid
By jnt76 on 09/03/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for one week, and have many good things to say about it. Navigation system with Microsoft Sync is awesome. Almost endless music possibilities with Sirius, CD, radio, aux input jack, USB input, and 10GB internal hard drive that you can record your CDs to. Drove up in the Rocky Mts this weekend and avg'd over 30 mpg - and that's with lots of hill climbing. 60 mile highway round trip to work every day, averaging 32+ mpg. Up to 40 mph on battery only. Interior is very nicely done with lots of cargo space for a small SUV. Back seats fold down flat. Ride is very smooth - handles like a car. Can't even tell when gas engine starts and stops, great job of making that quiet.

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
By berelbr on 08/19/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a perfect SUV for in-town/suburban driving. I have owned the car for a month and a half and we are averaging 33 mpg (not bad for an AWD SUV). I live 15 miles out of town. Therefore, driving 13 miles on the highway and 2 miles in town I am averaging 33 mpg. There is plenty of cargo space. The back seats fold forward for additional storage space. Overall, this is the best car that I have ever owned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*