2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Consumer Review: Wow... What a great value and

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Wow... What a great value and fun car
By carricrf on

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Was searching for a good value in a used Hybrid car. Was concerned about performance, price and reliability. Did my research on this car and was very impressed with performance, handling, features and style. I would highly recommend and would suggest that if interested, you take one for a drive and see what I mean. I have a Fusion that I like as well, but this really has been a great choice! Performs like a powerful 6 cyl, but gets 30+ MPG combined milage (my real experience). Comfortable and gets positive comments from my family and friends like it was a New Car!

Favorite Features

Navigation Radio (big plus), heated leather seats soft and comfortable, audiophile radio is great sounding, chrome trim is tastful and upscales the vehicle vs it's twin Escape. The switching from electric motor to gasoline motor is seamless but fun to watch on the navigation radio screen that shows you what is going on under the hood. Quite a technological advanced car when you think of what it is doing to keep your milage as high as possible.

Suggested Improvements

Is an SUV, so road feel is there by design, I like it, but some may not.