2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic - (20 reviews )
Yucky steering
By WALT on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Totally disappointed in the steering characteristics of this automobile in its present state it certainly isn't intended to be a highway car. It's like a car with a poor caster setting. Requires full-time grip on the steering wheel to ensure a straight ahead track. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made but mechanics in my area are unaware.

Nightmare to own
By 07Merc on 01/09/10 01:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle in 2007 few months after I buying it I needed new floor mats. I have had to replace the navigation system once for overheating but the replacement parts still over heats. The CD changers works when it wants I only use this option rarely because I have had issues since day one. The seat heaters kick on at random. Keyless entry works when it wants too. I have had it in the shop on numerous occasions for ABS issues. Come to find out the ABS sensor and tone ring can't handle winter weather. When I take the vehicle in for most of the issues the magic phrase is there is nothing wrong with it. My wife and I have experienced the same issues.

Fun SUV
By Bill C on 10/16/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like my mariner so far. It's got good power and is smooth. Especially at freeway speeds it is fun to get the rpms up a little bit. I like the audio system in it. It sounds pretty good depending on the quality of your cds and mp3s. I am not sure if if is a option or not but it would be nice to have an outside temp gauge. Best of all it gets 30 MPG and Ive got a bit of a lead foot.

2007 Mecury Mariner Hybrid
By Jim on 01/14/09 15:51 PM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We love our car, comfort, turning radius, excellent visibility. Fuel mileage runs 26 in town and 33 mpg on the highway. The front wheel drive is great and when it is needed 4x4 is seamless. We needed a car that will climb an 8% grade coming from our driveway. This has served us way better than all wheel drive. The body is nice and tight the doors close with no effort. Our car is front wheel drive with auto 4X4 when needed not AWD.

Love my hybrid!
By Dian on 08/11/08 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK so it's not a high priced sports car (I have one of those as well) and it isn't high powered monster SUV (My husband drives one of those). However, for what it is: economical, comfortable, nimble and reliable (so far) I love it! Yes, it was high priced, but packed with every option, so that's not so horrible. The one down side is that the nav could be better. I'm not asking it to compare to the ones I've had in my luxury cars, or the aftermarket in my husband's Suburban, but I would really like to see some improvements there. Still, it;s fun to drive, easy to park, and very practical. I get 30 MPG without the AC and 27 with AC. Can't complain about that!

Mariner Review
By John Bernards on 08/19/07 00:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive many short trips taking grand children to and from school and events. The trips are frequent but unscheduled. Many of the trips are 2 miles or less. I have had no problems with the vehicle and am getting over 25 MPG. Excellent vehicle.

Brilliant!
By gandk262 on 05/21/07 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is amazing. Great mileage, comfort, solid construction - in fact, I was rear-ended at a red light in March and the vehicle that hit me was totalled. Despite the speed at which I was hit I was well protected. The rear gate, bumper, spare tire, cargo bed and battery took the brunt of the hit but I was fine. Fortunately, so were the occupants of the other vehicle. And the mileage? Wow! We'd always avoided SUVs on principle, but if your lifestyle really demands one, this is the way to go.

MMH
By HYbrid on 03/28/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Mariner is much nicer inside than Escape hybrid. Love the chrome accents, and two tone leather seats. The hybrid nav system is a very nice piece of technology.

07 MMH Loaded
By PCollins on 03/11/07 21:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Would buy again if I had to do all over again. Love the look of this SUV! Got up to 30 MPG already during a trip to mall, only have 400 miles on it. I have a feeling if this keeps up, the MPG will be over what is advertised. Block heater and high volt battery preheater should be standard.

Sage Mariner w/o all the optional stuff.
By Whirl-E-Brid Man on 01/19/07 05:32 AM (PST)

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not too big and not to small. It's just right says me. Cloth seats. Solid ride. Quiet. Fun to Drive. The standard equipment is just fine. The gas mileage averages about 30.5 mpg overall in my driving situation which includes about 16 miles of some what rural 2 lane roads that are not congested.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.