Used 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic - (20 reviews )

Yucky steering
By WALT

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Totally disappointed in the steering characteristics of this automobile in its present state it certainly isn't intended to be a highway car. It's like a car with a poor caster setting. Requires full-time grip on the steering wheel to ensure a straight ahead track. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made but mechanics in my area are unaware.

Nightmare to own
By 07Merc

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle in 2007 few months after I buying it I needed new floor mats. I have had to replace the navigation system once for overheating but the replacement parts still over heats. The CD changers works when it wants I only use this option rarely because I have had issues since day one. The seat heaters kick on at random. Keyless entry works when it wants too. I have had it in the shop on numerous occasions for ABS issues. Come to find out the ABS sensor and tone ring can't handle winter weather. When I take the vehicle in for most of the issues the magic phrase is there is nothing wrong with it. My wife and I have experienced the same issues.

That the manufacture of this product “FORD” does not stand behind it. I would figure if these problems are common IE the tone ring and ABS/4WD issue. That they would do a mass recall on the ABS system. I have contacted FORD on many of occasions and have received no answers.

Fun SUV
By Bill C

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like my mariner so far. It's got good power and is smooth. Especially at freeway speeds it is fun to get the rpms up a little bit. I like the audio system in it. It sounds pretty good depending on the quality of your cds and mp3s. I am not sure if if is a option or not but it would be nice to have an outside temp gauge. Best of all it gets 30 MPG and Ive got a bit of a lead foot.

transmission is smooth, audio system, handling is good, fuel economy, fun to drive

outside temp gauge, quieter gas engine, better navigation system, cannot manually engage 4 wheel drive,

2007 Mecury Mariner Hybrid
By Jim

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We love our car, comfort, turning radius, excellent visibility. Fuel mileage runs 26 in town and 33 mpg on the highway. The front wheel drive is great and when it is needed 4x4 is seamless. We needed a car that will climb an 8% grade coming from our driveway. This has served us way better than all wheel drive. The body is nice and tight the doors close with no effort. Our car is front wheel drive with auto 4X4 when needed not AWD.

Navigation system is awesome. Ford seats are superior to Toyota. Can run with park lights on and driving lights on, great option for winter, snow and fog. Heated seats and mirrors. It's truely a great pleasure to run on electric drive.

External temperature display on navigation screen. Motor temp display. Ion HV battery.

Love my hybrid!
By Dian

2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK so it's not a high priced sports car (I have one of those as well) and it isn't high powered monster SUV (My husband drives one of those). However, for what it is: economical, comfortable, nimble and reliable (so far) I love it! Yes, it was high priced, but packed with every option, so that's not so horrible. The one down side is that the nav could be better. I'm not asking it to compare to the ones I've had in my luxury cars, or the aftermarket in my husband's Suburban, but I would really like to see some improvements there. Still, it;s fun to drive, easy to park, and very practical. I get 30 MPG without the AC and 27 with AC. Can't complain about that!

Nimble, economical, practical. I sit high enough to see well without hauling a lot of mass.

Better Nav for sure! Some problems with the self dimming mirror.