2004 Mercury Marauder Consumer Review: Great Car

2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By ryannelson111 on

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great fun to drive car. I traded in my 1997 Crown Vic with 210,000 miles on a 04 Marauder and couldnt be happier, plus Merc is offering 0% interest for 5 years. Great exhaust note but not too loud. The car is basically a new Crown Vic Sport with better engine, no woodgrain, much better suspension, and bling bling wheels. Most people have never heard of a Marauder which is a plus in my book. Plus it tows my 3000 lb trailer with no problem. Should be easy to repair and maintain since it is basically a Crown Vic. Only one brand and model of tires available to fit rear (which might be an expensive proposistion several years from now).

Favorite Features

Two tone interior - I got the light flint gray seats but the rest of the interior is black. Controls on steering wheel. Nice cornering lights and foglights. Very comfortable seats. Nice console with one exposed power port and one concealed power port. Great looking floor shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Needs same size tires front and back. Redo the subwoofer. The wheels are a little much (this is my company car after all). Take the chrome Merc badging off the grill.