Used 2004 Mercury Marauder Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercury Marauder

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )

Good to have Muscle again
By Clyde Bohanna

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car reminds me fo the early 70's, when we were overwhelmed with muscle cars. This car brings power, and comfort. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. This vehicle is just a pleasure to drive. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who need speed & comfort.

Favorite Features

V8 egine, Dashboard gauges,18" rims. Nice stereo

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.

HEAD TURNER
By bad by choice

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This auto is a real head turner.Big and bold styling.The chrome wheels and metallic red paint drew rave reviews from family and freinds.The bucket seats are very supportive especially with the lumbar support.This auto has 302 horses from a 281 cubic inch engine.What more could you ask for! ABS,TRACTION CONTROL and great detail inside and out.Big by nature and a lot of fun to drive.

EXCELLENT CAR
By U-SAVE

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

EXCELLENT VEHICLE COMFORTABLE NICE LOOKING BUILT FEATURES GREAT SEATING EXCELLENT MUSIC SOUND GREAT BACK SEAT COMFORTABLE FOR SMALL AND LARGE PEOPLE RATES WITH THE FOREIGN CARS VERY WELL IF NOT BETTER

Favorite Features

COMFORTABLE RIDE AND GOOD HANDLING LOVES THE WAY IT PRRRS

Suggested Improvements

PUT BOTH A CD PLAYES AND A TAPE DECK

2004 Mercury Marauder - Black
By wernergu

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great comfort, can get into the fast lane quick (while coming in from the on ramp), makes for a "safe feeling" ride (especially with all that steel around you). Funny to see people getting out of my way thinking that I am a cop - until they see the Registration Sticker in the back window. Also interesting to see a lot of old timers giving the car the once over - it catches their eyes since they are driving normal Grand M's or Crown Vic's. One word of advice, for those that live up North - buy a remote starter (or better yet, do as I did and negotiate it as part of the deal - I got it for "free"). BEWARE: No snow tires are made for the back wheels.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, comfort, sound of the motor, dual-exhuast & big wheels!

Suggested Improvements

Radio and sound system are a complete farce. The front seat should be a little bit wider - it cuts you off mid- thigh. Mute button on the steering wheel, for the radio. Separate/label the steering wheel controls a little better. Insurance is absurd!!!!

I love this car
By DPJ

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the three months I've this car, I've fallen in love with. Big fast car. Fun to drive, and I feel very safe in it. With everyone driving SUV's, it's nice to be in a large car that rips up the pavement. Gas mileage isn't geat, but we're talking about a big car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration!

Suggested Improvements

How about an ashtray?