2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )
Great Car
By seadog215 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My cousin talked me into buying it. I have a Lincoln Blackwood and was looking for another car. and this car is a Gas. Fun to drive Corners like a big Saab but has that american feel for the road. Good gas mileage when cruising 60-70 great pickup from 40 on up. its so good I had to get a new radar detector. Huge trunk.comfortable seating. Decent sound system but nothing to brag about. But I think they only made 18000 of them each year for two years. So if you want afun car to drive that may go up in value this is it

Mercury Marauder
By James Spradling on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Mercury should've continued this rear wheel drive musclecar and added a supercharger to it. Mercury's failure to adequately market this model cost it sales in a serious segment of the performance sedan market. Mercury hasn't had any marketing sense, it seems, for 30 years.

Upscale Musclecar
By Blue Marauder on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great combination of performance and comfort for a daily driver. Low production figures. Frequent compliments given by total strangers.

Marauder loaded
By MarauderRARE on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had the car 2 months now. I'm a young guy(30's) and beleive it or not, previously owned 2 Grand Marquis. Liked them but decided for something with a little more attitude. Certainly found it with this beast. I love the car, but it has fit & finish issues. I'm very disappointed with inconsistent spacing between doors and roof panels. Not acceptable for a car that lists for $37,000. Dash started to come apart on pass. side. Dealer fixed that. Yet driver side doors are still mounted improperly causing paint to chip in door jams. Dealer fixed that, but gaps between door and roof are inconsistent with pass. side. How does this make it past quality control at the assembly plant? Unacceptable!

Myrauder
By Mattotack on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome car. Great to drive. Great handling. Great Interrior. Great Exterrior. Great Sound. Great Engine. Great Car. Just great everything

MY MARAUDER
By JAMES REED on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I LIKED THE MARAUDER WHEN IT FIRST CAME, BUT I DID NOTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL I HEARD IT WAS BEING DISCONTINUED. THEN I RUSHED OUT AND BOUGHT IT! IT'S A GREAT ALL-AROUND PERFORMANCE CAR. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ABOUT IT IN THE MOTORING PRESS. IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST SECRETS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY. I SIMPLY LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT. I ALWATS WANTED A LARGE MUSCLECAR, LIKE THOSE IN THE 1960'S AND EARLY 1970'S. MOST CRITICS OF THE MARAUDER SIMPLY DON'T GET IT, AND THEY NEVER WILL.

a rare find, very cool
By buckyboy on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is not for everyone. It is only for the ones who know about this car, and wanted it from day one. I am glad i bought this car. There are some things one might complain about, although minor, YOU WONT HEAR IT FROM ME. One thing you cant deny about this car is the cool factor. Although every car could have more horses, this car is overflowing with testosterone. I like the fact that it is rare, but wish people would stop saying it looks like a cop car. I didnt buy it for that reason. Mine is black with blacked out windows, it looks downrite mean! It truely is a great combination of luxury, performance, and style.

Ross's (04) Maurader
By Ross R. Raymond on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have finally found the perfect car (for me),it's big,beautiful and very responsive!,I also get what I consider good milage for a two ton plus car.

A $32,000+ Car?
By Dominique on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm astonishing that Mercury can price a car over $32,000. 302 horses sound great. But no appearance at all. Seems to be a taxi-looking car. Both exterior & interior are definately eye- sored. Even Ford T-Bird looks better. With $32,000+ budget, smart people can look for Acura TL (270hp), Nissan 350Z (287hp), Subaru Impreza WRX STI (300hp), Infiniti G35 (260-280hp). Or with few additional grands, people can buy BMW 330i (225hp) or Volkswagen Passat W8 (270hp). 0-60 for those cars are around 6.0 sec. WRX STI is even less than 5.0 sec. Just think about it..!!

True Big Car
By tiggerrage on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

$35000. Sport car,get Evo. Mid size,get Acura TL.FULL SIZE, get the Marauder. I wanted room, power, and attitude. I was worried about reliability.Police have THEM and last a long time, Good enough reliability for me.The ride is very smooth and nice rumple, wish it was 5 speed auto.Does very well for what it is. Want speed add the super charger. I only have 800 miles, the car seems very nice and solid. Remember, this is a BIG Car and 302 Hp. At 32 yrs old and had to pick a vehical under $35 g, I picked the Marauder. I have yet to have any remorse getting it. With rebates, can't really beat it.