2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )
Great Car
By Art on 04/10/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Excellent performance. Love the exhaust sound. Gets lots of compliments from variety of ages. Great backroad driver as well as long trips. Probably the best car I have ever owned as far as a pleasure to drive and sheer fun.

Highway Star
By clamboy on 05/13/06 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a remarkable value. Paid 22K CPO in Aug and this thing rides like an American S-Class. Could it be a little faster...maybe. Once its off the line this car is an animal from 20-120. I think Mercury hit it right. More horses would've made this car a gas guzzler. I think that they bailed out way too soon on HiPo.. now Chrysler has all the 4 door muscle. Including a suicide door Imperial.(Way to fo LM asleep at the wheel as ususal.) This car is BEAUTIFUL in every way imaginable. They should bring it back and offer a light 4.6 and a Supercharged version. . I love this car. Drive it once and you'll want it

This car is functional and fast
By Terry S on 05/17/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a 96 Chevy Impala SS before trading on the 2004 Mercury Marauder. I wasn't really sure I was doing the right thing, because I really loved the Impala SS. But, having the Marauder for over a year now, I can tell you this car is really the best car for a big guy [6'4", 275 lbs]with a family. When you need to get the family to church on Sunday, it has ample room for five adults. During the week, when you are driving alone for work or pleasure, it has the same high performance the SS had. It has very nice handling to go along with the power, and the brakes are nice and tight for quick stops. I give this car an "A" and plan to hold on to it for a very long time. Total reliability!!!

A fun four-door sports car
By evansc6 on 02/07/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm fairly happy with my '04 Marauder. Its plenty fast (though I'd love to add a supercharger), comfortable, and the fuel economy is pretty good at 20 mpg around town. I would recommend an '04 over the '03s because the newer ones have a better transmission (mine doesn't thunk into the next gear like the '03s). A little too much cheapy plastic inside, and the build quality isn't up to par with BMW, Mercedes, or even Honda. But overall a fun car to be had in the low $20Ks right now.

The Marauder is a Machine!
By Digital Man on 01/19/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very cool, very powerful, very fun, very big. It is an extremely comfortable car to drive, and gives you the power on the road when you need it. It turns heads!

I love this car
By dpjtax on 12/04/04 12:59 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car right before Thanksgiving last year. Aside from the fact that it drinks gas like there's no tomorrow, I love it. Big, powerful, and it looks like an unmarked police car! People get out of my way on the interstate! I have had unbelievable good luck with Mercurys, and this one is no exception. I think this car has been discontinued, which is a shame. It is one car that does it all.

I want another one
By 2quik on 11/26/04 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this car. I felt like it fit my personality nicely. Just wish it was a little faster on the takeoff.

Big Mistake by FoMoCo
By TomMc on 11/06/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Mercury Merauder is a truly great automobile. It has it all: Performance, Handling, Looks an all around great pleasure to drive. Ford/Mercury failed miserably to advertise this vehicle and get it out to the public. Examples: GTO, HEMI, these words and advertising are really selling cars. If Mercury had followed suit and made it to the Two Door model and bumped-up horse power versions, this car would be a Buyer "Magnet." I truly feel sorry for those that didn't experience driving the machine...

marauder good idea
By biscoitti on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

nothing wrong so far.have not bought a new ford product since 1974.this car is well built and solid.

old woman car NOT.......
By WHATACAR on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

SOUND FROM MOTOR AT IDLE AND TAKE OFF ARE A DREAM.