2003 Mercury Marauder 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wow

2003 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Wow
By Trash on

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my dream car. I paid too much, I don't care! The question above, that said " Fun to Drive" says it all. You step on the gas, and it pushes you in to the plush leather seats at 60+, and then you look and it says 100. Wow! The sound of the engine is a low "gurgle" unexpected from such a small V-8. Having driven it less than 1000 miles, I can only say that it handles well, but on a wet road surface it could definitely get away from you. The quiet interior is only interrupted by the mellow exhaust tones as you depress the accelerator. A pleasure to drive, I'm thankful that I'm lucky enough to own one of these modern day muscle cars. This is the direction NASCAR should have gone.

Favorite Features

Excellent sound system, comfortable seats beyond compare, detailed dashboard, with easy to read white face dials, 2 sun visors, and superb vision all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more low end power, to get off the line quicker. Front airdam, & rear spoiler. Driver adjustable suspension. Manual brake proportioning valve. Bigger brakes, with cooling. Tuned exhaust. Integral "Big Bear" detectors.