2003 Mercury Marauder Consumer Review: Great buy and won't sell it!

2003 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Great buy and won't sell it!
By Bill Christ on

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Found my 03 Marauder unsold in dealer's lot September 07 with 170 KM on it. Bought it $20K less than sticker price. Regretted buying but found I never will sell it. Even my wife loves to drive it! Gas mileage is not good, but in third year of ownership, all I worry about is regular maintenance - no problems. I stupidly installed new snow tires on 17" rims -- my Marauder is running at higher RPMs to run the smaller tirees and the traction control must be turned to off after 40 MPG with the smaller 17" tires, but with snows, I go EVERYWHERE in our Minnesota winter -- I love the my Marauder's power, flexibility, and snow travel ability!

Power for passing, Comfortable and quiet, great sounding mufflers at high speeds, Super sound system, Great for long trips - low driver fatigue factor. Pulled U-Haul as if not attached! Great looks -- draws lots of attention and praise. Police car look makes car ahead slow down -- not always good!

Paint job is super, but scratches too easily. High beams set too high, but great for dark isolated highway driving. Wish I had NOT purchased 17" rims for snow tires when 18" rims are standard - my fault -- hampers fuel efficiency and confuses traction control system.