2003 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )
All smiles
By hp6465us on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove a bunch of cars, including alot of Europians like Mercedes and BMW,and although the models I drove undoubtedly out performed this car, They lacked the inside room and comfort. But for the money, there is no competition for the Marauder. Some other American sedans are slightly better off the line, but once she gets moving, the handling and road feel are beyond anything GM or Chrysler has to offer. And yes, even including that utterly disappointing, uncomfortable, tub of goo Monte Carlo SS.

Just Missed
By sbcdrone on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Marauder is almost complete, but has a few flaws. The exhaust system should have been made from the same high-grade stainless steel used on the Buick Grand National. The engine power comes in at high rpm suggesting the Boss 5.4 from the 2002 F-150 would have been a better choice. Opening the trunk in the rain, or just after, is guaranteed to get water in the trunk. The sound system is choked by small speakers, and the rear window antenna is a poor choice. A trunk-mounted power antenna would provide better reception. Fuel milage has been excellent; handling and comfort are what I expected.

Too much fun!
By Fitz on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I went from a Grand Marquise to a Marauder. Best change I could have made. This car drives like a sports car, but is a full size sedan. It's comfortable, reliable, fast, and just Too much fun!

2003 MERC
By FERNANDO on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

AS A FAMILY MAN AND MUSCLE CAR BUFF, THE MERCURY MARAUDER IS DEFINETELY MY KIND OF CAR. IT CAN TRANSPORT MY FAMILY IN A SECURE COMFORTABLE WAY TO GRANNY'S AND STILL BE AN EYE CATCHER ON A NIGHTLY CRUISE ON THE BLVD...TOO BAD IT'S ONLY HAS 302 PONIES!

What a Blast!
By bigbaga on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After driving Lincoln Town Cars and then Navigators for the past 15 years I said, "what the heck", it's time for this 50 something suit wearing professional to try this "hot rod". What a Blast! The evening I picked this up at the dealership it was sitting inside the service department. When the salesman started this car in that cavernous garage the sound was so awesome I wished I didn't have to stay to do the paperwork! This car is the bargain of the decade! Comfort, all the amenities and 300+ hp of tire smoking, put you back in the seat power for just over $30K! Why hasn't this car caught on? It will definately stay in my collection!

Awakening
By tomcarroll on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great car most impressive style stand out features turn heads

American Muscle Lives !
By spider0101 on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

There are very few if any vehicles out there that can evoke a visceral feeling when you put the pedal to the metal. The first time I got on this baby my heart skipped a beat and I felt it all the way down my spine. An econo box with a hood scoop just doesn't do it for me and never will. Give me a big bad American V8 pushin 300 hp with attitude.

A car for me
By Stephen B. on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's about time someone built a fun car for big people. I'm 6'2" and don't fit in any of the Hondas, Nissans or Toyotas.This big Merc has it all. Power, handling, braking and fun to drive. I missed out on the last Impala but I drove a couple. Glad I waited for the Maurader. It's build quality is much better and it handles better and is faster.

Love my Marauder
By jeffn on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Handles well, no slop in the steering and no "floating" in curves or on bumpy roads. It is slow off the mark but quickly picks up once the tach reaches 3000. It has the quiet ride that you'd expect from Ford and the leather seats are quite luxurious.

Boss Mercury
By donr on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a really sweet Mercury. I have owned a lot of Mercurys in the last 30 years and this Marauder is solid, fun to drive, fast enough and a car every middle-aged guy needs.