2003 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )
my marauder
By impala owner on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

overall a fun car to drive it turns heads and makes people hit their brakes to see exactly what it is

Grampa's car
By Scott Tallman on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Grand Marquis. This is the Grand of Marquis's. Turns heads, extremely fun to drive. But loves gas, and lots of it. Rides a little rougher than other Grand Marquis's, but to be expected with the low slung tires. Could be more aggressive under 3000 RPM, but makes up for it over that. Wish it held it's value a little better. Since I;ve owned it, less than 4 months, it's gone down in value almost $6,000....wow.......and I bought it at 9500 miles for $25,500

Marauder Review
By theactuary on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car provides an excellent combination of size and power for a very reasonable price. The interior is well appointed. Seats are big and comfortable. Instrument poanel is easy to read. This car flies once you get it moving. Smaller cars will beat you off the line, but you will blow their doors off on the highway.

WELL RESTED PORSCHE
By Mr.Merc on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Since I bought the Maurader, I've driven my Porsche twice! It is certainly a throwback to the sixties.The amazing apect of ownership is the wide range of admirers. My 80 year old aunts love to ride in the "roomy" back seat , and the teens everywhere give "thumbs up" . The exhaust sound is great,the ride is comfortable , and the styling is neat.

value for your money
By buddy1 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Didnt plan on buying a MM.Was going to trade in 1999 Grand Marque LS on exact replacement. MM was on showroom floor.The price was so right I drove it off the showroom floor for a test drive.We then drove it the 250 miles back home.You cant beat the value you get for the money in this mercury line. Power,AWESOME handling,ride is a bit stiff in the city streets but on the highway or mountain roads where we live this car was built for them.I feel sorry for city dwellers who will really never get to use the car at its potential.Note: We didnt trade in our other Grand Marque.

lotsafun
By fblumberg on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

got dennis reinhart upgrade#1 needs new double exhaust and sway bar for stage 2 eventually a vortek system for 45o hp gotta love it... id buy another for a 2nd car... traded a 2001 towncar for it im 45 so its like the cars i grew up with..

Mama's Hot Rod
By Stoney Steve on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife wanted a V8 rear wheel drive cruiser, so being a blue oval guy I bought her a silver Marauder. This car rocks! From 50 to 90 it nails you to the seat. It handles very well for a large sedan. The interior is very comfortable, heated seats are great. Love the tire & wheel combo. If you think it rides too rough, go buy a Town Car. Ford's best kept secret!

American Ride!
By Wiking on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently moved to US from Sweden were Volvos is born, but NEVER owned one. Volvos are BORING even in Sweden. So I´ve driven many car brands such as Audi, BMW and SAAB. In USA i bought the most american car of them all, beacause: POWER! 300hp V8 is more than enough. COMFORT! A Benz S-Class might beat it. LOOKS! fast even parked. SOUND. Hey It´s a V8. I like V8´s. I love V8´s. HANDLING. When the road is straight it´s perfect. But you can´t cut street corners like a BMW 325. CONCLUSION: This might not be the best car I´ve ever owned. But it will be the most loved and rememberd.

Gentleman's Hot Rod
By Fman on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Mild enough at idle to not scare youngsters, but loud enough when you step on the gas, that bystanders know this is not just a Grand Marquis. Everywhere I go, I get complimentary comments about my Marauder. Once the rpm's exceed about 3000, this motor literally screams. I traded a supercharged 3.8 Pontiac SSEI for this vehicle and find it superior in all categories...about the same on mileage, but I didn't buy it to make great mileage. A bonus...while coming up fast on traffic on the Interstate, many will move over-not sure if I'm one of the "stealth" police Crown Vic's ;)

Love my car!
By vicmar on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven Marquis for 10 years. My last had all the bells and whistles Bigger engine, Alum. wheels, etc.) When I saw the Marauder, I knew I had to have one. I purchased it in April, and I love it! Lots of luxury, and alot of power!