2011 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Mercury Grand Marquis Review
By rickydee2 on 10/19/13 21:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Edmunds review of the mercury Grand Marquis tells me they have never driven one or other Ford products like them. Such as the Ford Crown Victoria or the Lincoln Town Car The mileage estimates for all there are not accurate. I have owned all three of these cars and they all get at least 29 to 30 miles to the gallon on the highway and 19 to 20 in town. I owned a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria with a police interceptor engine, but had the highway geared rear end. It was personally owned by a police officer as his own car. I drove that car from Kansas City to Memphis and filled up when the fuel gauge was almost on empty. It took about 17 gallons to fill it up and I had drive 497 miles!

2 ton of fun and 30 mpg @ 60!
By drjjjj on 05/10/13 09:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Truck frame, truck engine, truck tranny with car body, excellent visibility, reliability and cheap to maintain! Add isolated chamber quiet, wide, safe and easy to find a nice used one and this car could be the sleeper used car find for the wise! Buy 2003 or newer, run only 5-20 synthetic, replace the LCM lighting control module (see ebay-weak relay) and you have a cheap, reliable upscale ride for $5k+/- that should hold it's value and get you 21 mpg avg for most and late 20s at 70! Easy to find a low miler that been driven by an adult too Look under the car and you'll be impressed-very robust frame, suspension, etc! Lot's of car for the money and a choice used car !

Panther platform
By jnv9543 on 04/04/12 15:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Mercury Grand Marquis is a Great car. The Ford Panther Platform which is in its last year with the demise of the Lincoln Town Car. The Panther platform extends form the Ford Crown Victoria which has been the work horse of every police department from here to Kalamazoo. The Mercury Grand Marquis is just a more dressed up version. The front engine rear wheel drive provides a stable and luxurious ride. The Mercury is an intermediate between the crown vic and the ultra luxurious Town Car. It has great durability and more room than any import unibody garbage out there.

Reverse Cool (aka: Happy Motoring)
By ejfudd on 10/28/11 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

That some bemoan the Grand Mercury for being a poor handling automobile is unfortunate. The Grand Marquis was never meant to handle like a car half its weight, but rather this American chariot was meant to isolate its occupants from the bumps in the road and all the outside noises. When I think of the Grand Marquis, the engineering adages "Keep it simple" or "Simple is best" come to mind. Admittedly, there's not much current styling going on here, to the point that my teenage son calls it "reverse cool". Still the Grand Marquis achieves the classic Americana pitch & roll feel that will slowly fade as these classics dwindle on the roads. As for me, I just bought a used Grand Marquis '11.

Last of the old school yank tanks
By d_james on 05/05/11 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I rented a Grand Marquis because it was lined up with some Nissan Altimas and looked much more spacious for a family of five with all our luggage. It is huge inside (able to take a sixth passenger!), smooth and comfy and I liked it for this. However much I liked it, I have to admit that it is very thirsty on fuel and is enormous on the outside - not easy to park in a multi-storey cark park. It also corners in a heavy and sloppy fashion, as you would expect looking at it. It is an old design with all of the good and bad points you would expect of this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.