2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Review: Edmunds is wrong

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (4.6L V8 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

Edmunds is wrong
By Martin/GA on

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I see Edmunds has graciously given the GM a 6.5 where the owners have a 9.1. I will agree with the owners. Yes this car is outdated which caused me to keep looking. I kept coming back. It now has features no other car has, bench seats. All the newer cars have copied the Euros and the Japanese with bucket seats and hamster motors. These killed my back and I am not a senior citizen. My back does not hurt anymore and I actually look forward to going to work ( gliding to work). Flew to Las Vegas and road tripped it home at 27 MPG. I am getting 20.3 driving to work. My 08 Sentra only got 30. Edmunds, you keep your Acuras & Hondas with the narrow seats. My American bottom will be in an American car.

Ride and double powered lumbar seats. Its quiet and mileage is good - car will last decades if properly maintained.

Since Ford decided to stop making them this year a 6 speed transmission would be great. I bet they resurrect it in the future. It is slow starting from stop up a grade.