Good Old AMERICAN Car
By coyled58 on
2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought a new 2011 Hyundai Sonata on an impulse. I regretted after a very short time and started looking for something bigger with a more comfortable ride at a reasonable price. I found it in a used 2010 Grand Marquis. Yes, it's a dated car with virtually no "technology" (except the AM/FM radio with CD) but the car is an absolute pleasure to drive. 27 MPG highway last trip. Seats are very comfortable. I'm 6'3" and my legs do not come close to the dash and there is a lot of headroom (even while wearing a hat). The car will not do "wheelies" but at my age, who cares? The point for me is total comfort and peace of mind: Grand Marquis has both. If you can find one, buy it!
Favorite Features
Safety. Handling. Comfort. Lack of "technology" that I wouldn't use anyhow. Abundant trunk space and ability to carry five adults in comfort. I really like the soft leather bench seats, the amount of room inside the car and the ride. Takes me back to the time when American cars were built for family travel and more important, to last. You get this baby up to highway speed, set the cruise (oh yes, it does have cruise control) and enjoy the ride. A great American car that I hope Ford would reconsider putting in moth balls.
Suggested Improvements
Since the car is no longer in production, there really are none but if it were still being made: NONE.