Used 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Good Old AMERICAN Car
By coyled58

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2011 Hyundai Sonata on an impulse. I regretted after a very short time and started looking for something bigger with a more comfortable ride at a reasonable price. I found it in a used 2010 Grand Marquis. Yes, it's a dated car with virtually no "technology" (except the AM/FM radio with CD) but the car is an absolute pleasure to drive. 27 MPG highway last trip. Seats are very comfortable. I'm 6'3" and my legs do not come close to the dash and there is a lot of headroom (even while wearing a hat). The car will not do "wheelies" but at my age, who cares? The point for me is total comfort and peace of mind: Grand Marquis has both. If you can find one, buy it!

Safety. Handling. Comfort. Lack of "technology" that I wouldn't use anyhow. Abundant trunk space and ability to carry five adults in comfort. I really like the soft leather bench seats, the amount of room inside the car and the ride. Takes me back to the time when American cars were built for family travel and more important, to last. You get this baby up to highway speed, set the cruise (oh yes, it does have cruise control) and enjoy the ride. A great American car that I hope Ford would reconsider putting in moth balls.

Since the car is no longer in production, there really are none but if it were still being made: NONE.

What you see is what you get
By joe_168

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of bang for your buck with this one. Even though it's a throwback to the 70s (same platform since late 70s) and the sheet metal is virtually the same for the last 15-20 years; the simplicity of owing this vehicle, the reliability and comfort that comes with it can't be matched. If you're looking for a car that rides good, is big and comfortable, this is your car.

V8 power, rear wheel drive. I like that it doesn't have all of the added junk like heated seats, DVD player and a million cup holders scattered throughout....

Though the car isn't in production anymore, I wish the radio was a bit easier to reach. Other than that, it's a great car.

4 in a row!
By ret2

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am about to buy my 4th Grand Marquis. First was a 1997. Need room for 4 adults, and trunk big enough for wheel chair, also wanted an V8 with posi-traction to pull my boat out every once in a while. It was trouble free all I ever did was change the oil. Sold it and the last I heard it has 240K miles on in and is still going. Bought a 2000. Same thing. Trouble free!Bought a 2005 have 90K on it and drove high speed highway driving. 24MPG and except for a broken cable in the drivers window it has been trouble free. All these cars are workhorses. The Best American made car as far as I am concerned. Also the best car for the money. Very sorry they have discontinued this winner!

The size of the seats which come right up to the back of the knees which makes it very comfortable to drive. Holds the road at high speeds. Trunk space is great.

Could use a little more leg room for back seat passangers.

Good Car
By East South

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I think Ford is making a mistake discontinuing this car. I love the room and power. The Mileage could be little better but good for big car. I noticed it does catch alot of side wind and the windshield holds the hard rain so visibility is poor during that. My Nissan Pathfinder did much better with the wind and rain. I still like the Merc Grand better overall. I'm just turning 50yrs but enjoy driving this car. The comfort is great. I hesitated at first during purchase because design is so retro but it has grown on me now and I really like it. You can see around during driving very good and changes lanes very stable with no sway at all. Bring it back Ford, be smart.

The power and handling. Space and I like the look of it. This car is a rocket for its size. We love the space interior. Add fold up back seat for loading groceries. Just a thought.

Add more modern electronics interior. Add adjustable seat pad so you can set back and seat pad independently to get a better fit for comfort. Folks with bad backs and disabilities need it. Needs better cub holders. Factory is OK but built into door would be good. Add rear backup cam and sensors.

Great Value
By dave

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car hasn't changed in years and that's why it is good. They've got all the problems worked out. You can usually pick up a new for 25K at the end of the year. You can pick up a 3 year old used one for $10k that will go another 100K miles. Highway mileage is 27. And those are non-tiring miles. It's extremely safe. You can tow. I built a roof rack and can haul lumber like a pickup. A used one would make a great family car for someone with not much to spend. The only drawbacks would be comments from your friends. But you can laugh all the way to the bank.

Don't change it