2009 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Terrific Value In A Traditional Car
By hpr2 on 08/01/11 19:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 12 Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis sedans since 1989. I came across a 2009 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Collection with just 8.400 miles on June 1, 2011. This car is not only the best full size Ford product I've ever owned, but the BEST car I've ever owned ! Say all you want about being dated, but these cars were a salesman's dream....no failure along the side of the road. Ever. The evolution from 2004 to 2009 was a continued improvement in ride and transmission driveability, shift points, etc. I've just retired and feel set for many years to come. Remember the "special feel of an Oldsmobile" ? As long as I can, I will have the "special feel of a full size Ford product".

10,000 miles per month
By LimoDriver on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a limo driver. We have a fleet of Linc/Mercs/Ford E350 vans and a Rolls Royce Silver Spur. The owner is religious on oil changes and tire rotations on these vehicles. They drive from Pa to JFK, Manhattan, NY, Newark, NJ and etc DAILY. That is 10,000/MONTH/vehicle! They are flawless, reliable, comfy and great mpg on the hwy. City driving isn't as good as hwy. I've driven Gr Marquis in snow storms to JFK to pick-up passengers already. Stop beating these cars up. The trunk space is nearly big enough to haul 1/2 a house! Ford is making a terrible mistake dropping this car in 2011. I am very partial to them and have owned 3 Gr Marq's myself with NO REGRETS!

Help on gas mileage
By robert crawford on 08/08/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

it handles well and the overall performance is great except for the gas mileage which is between 14-15 miles per gallon. I average driving about equal city and distant and have also tried high test gas to see if this would improve my mileage but to no avail. please give me so ideas to increase the gas mileage as i have a 1996 ford truck that does this well. thank you

Comfort & visibility
By Darrell on 07/29/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned fast cars, sporty cars, vans & crossovers. I'm impressed with the comfort and visibility of this automobile. I have no need for fast acceleration off the starting line, the fuel economy is ok, and I don't have to lean over to see out of the car. For trips longer than to town, it is great. Styling may be old to some, but styling isn't my thing.

Trunk lock
By mirliyaqat Alikhan on 06/28/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The trunk lock of the car is going bad in 55k miles. This is happening in almost all of this model. Please look into this matter.The Air condition electronic switch is going bad at 40k which need to be look into it. Thanks

Good car for trips
By Ron on 02/23/10 14:33 PM (PST)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the Mercury Marquis for 13 Months and it's provided me with great transportation. Most of the driving is over the road and it gets 26 mile/gal. if I keep it under 70. Towe a 1,700# boat with no problem. I think it is the best car on the road for the money.

Great value and ride
By John on 12/11/09 04:43 AM (PST)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have to admit that I never considered a crown vic or grand marquis but after driving a crown vic as a company car for several long trips I was so impressed I went and bought a 2009 Grand Marquis. I love this car and hope the stories of reliability hold true for me as I drive many miles each week and look forward to the trips in this car.

Get it while you can
By billccm on 11/13/09 20:29 PM (PST)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nine years ago I went from a bullet proof Crown Vic into a Chevy Impala, which was a mistake. My Impala nearly fell apart at 90K miles, so it was a no brainer to return to the 'panther' platform Ford. I have to admit that the convenience features of the Impala are missed such as console storage, homelink, and very functional cup holders, but the ride, and spacious interior make up for it in the Grand Marquis. I have to admit that I had forgotton about the 'old man' jokes that come with this car (I am 40 years old).

Comfort and value
By Ben on 09/28/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought the Grand Marquis I knew what I was getting: an old fashioned, large, comfortable cruiser. I like the simplicity and traditional design. Edmunds' review is too harsh. Not everyone wants a $50k BMW or Mercedes. Try it out for yourself and see what I mean.

A Rock-Solid Ride
By CapnHawk on 09/17/09 22:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my first Grand Marquis in 1992. Ran it for close to 350,000 trouble- free miles. My 2009 model seems to be no different than the 1992 model. Rides like a dream, great power from the V-8 engine, and more room than you could ask for. The segue from a 17 year old model to a new one could have been accomplished while blindfolded. Fit and finish is outstanding. I hope they never stop making the Grand Marquis.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.