Used 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Great Car
By jim5660

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Most of the reviews on the car are positive. However,if you read the Edmunds review, it sounds like this car belongs in the 19th century. What is the purpose of a car? To get one from point A to point B safely, comfortably, and reasonably economically. The Grand Marquis does all of this very well. I get 27 MPG on the highway and average 23 around town. I drive it conservatively. I'm tired of Edmunds and others running down these cars in favor of more sporty handling vehicles that corner better. What the heck do you need that for? As for interior space, the claim that the Sable is just as big is just not true. The Sable is 6" narrower. Maybe the 'experts' need to reassess a cars purpose.

Gone for a reason
By j_rob82

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I write this tonight as we have just sold our 2008 Grand Marquis LS. It's pillowy ride can lead to car sickness if you drive it on a curvy road. It wallows and bounces up and down like an ocean liner in a bad storm. Speaking of storms, it does horrible in adverse weather and to top it all off, we had a few quality concerns, though the drivetrain has ran flawlessly. Our previous Mercury, a '97 Sable, was the exact opposite experiance. The ride and handling were ballanced well and traction was never a problem. It also seemed to have more leg room which is why we sold the Grand Marquis and are purchasing a 2012 Taurus tomorrow. The quality of the leather alone in the Taurus is 10X that in the G

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive great for doing burnouts, but other than that, uselsss in everyday driving. I got compliments from a late teens/early 20s black guy expressing his desire to put 24" wheels on it. Not kidding.

Suggested Improvements

Do what they have already done, replace it with the new-design Taurus. The quality is so much better, the fit/finish, the smell and feel of the leather, how hushed the cabin is without any rattles or squeeks. There is a reason the Grand Marquis is out of production, and any one's question to that fact would be answered by a drive in the car that replaced it.

Wonderful car!!
By sadchevyowner

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I love her 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis "Palm Beach" edition. We purchased her Grand Marquis 14 months ago. It had 15700 miles. My wife had been driving a 2006 Lexus ES330 that was purchased new. It only had 18000 miles when we sold it. In many ways the Lexus was nice, but it had very uncomfortable seats. The Grand Marquis has exceedingly comfortable seats with lumbar support on both sides. Her Mercury also has the air suspension system and it rides like a dream. We would highly recommend this car. It is really a shame that it is no longer available as a new car, so my advice would be to find a low mileage late model Grand Marquis

Favorite Features

1. Unbelievably comfortable seats. 2. Great Audiophile sound system. 3. Beautiful "Palm Beach" interior. 4. Air suspension system. 5. Great safety systems. 6. Easy to work on and requires minimal maintenance. 7. Large trunk. 8. Plenty of room for six passengers. 9. Good fuel economy. 10. Good acceleration. 11. The car is really good looking, especially with the carriage rear vinyl top.

Suggested Improvements

Our 2008 Grand Marquis is plenty good just the way that it is. It is just a shame that Ford stopped making this vehicle. It really has a very loyal following and we think Ford made a huge mistake in discontinuing Mercury. Luckily, my wife only drives 4000-5000 miles per year, so she expects to drive her Grand Marquis for another ten years.

Really nice car
By Robert

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Most driving is around town. A very comfortable city ride over railroad tracks and street bumps and the many turns made at intersections.

Favorite Features

The smooth quiet ride.The roomy inside and the maintenance features such as when it is time for a oil change.

Suggested Improvements

I am at this time satisfied with it as it is.

After a year of driving
By David

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has performed quite well. Performance: The car has a good amount of low end torque that will get this heavy car moving when you want it to. My only complaint here is the slight lack in higher RPM performance for when you pass during a high speed situation such as the freeway, it can take a bit to get it going a higher speed. Reliability: I have yet to have a major problem with it. I have done well in keeping it maintained and it has rewarded me with no major problems. I have even driven it across the country. The car is very comfortable with plenty of space for your passengers. The fuel economy is standard for any full size sedan. Just don't punch it everywhere.